are there any teams who qualified for europe that are not in their own top league?

Any lower league teams in Europe i was thinking of starting a new game, so was wondering if there were any teams that qualified for europe but are not in top division, i remember Millwall a few years ago etc... Any others currently when the game starts?

Cheers.

Derby County went through into Europa League whilst being in the Championship on one of my saves. The best on any fm was when the Italian side Sambenedettese somehow won the Italian cup when being in Serie C, got into Europe and were destroyed by Linfield.

Ipswich did it years back in 2002 when they had Finidi George, Matt Holland etc.

They were relegated to the Championship and qualified through the fair play award.

On this version like someone else said, not sure, go through the teams and check out their information screens, it will say European Competition if they are in one.

If you look on FM, Vaduz in Switzerland (2nd Div) qualify for the Europa league every year despite their league. They do this cause they're from Lichtenstein and would qualify through their domestic cup but as it isn't on the game, they gain automatic qualification :)

If you look on FM, Vaduz in Switzerland (2nd Div) qualify for the Europa league every year despite their league. They do this cause they're from Lichtenstein and would qualify through their domestic cup but as it isn't on the game, they gain automatic qualification :)

Hey! They look quite interesting.

I am looking for an unusual save.

Archived