Football Manager 2005 5.0.5 "With Data" Patch

Does anyone know where I can get hold of this? I've searched everywhere, and there's just no trace of it anymore, all links to it on Google are dead. It's not even at sigames.com, the downloads only go back to FM2008.

Thanks.

Suzie switching versions again! :p

Let us know what you think about FM05 though. I'm interested to know.

Does that version even have team talks? I can't remember. I do, however, remember enjoying it. I had a career save in England. Seem to remember that I spent a lot of time at Yeovil with Phil Jevons knocking them in for fun. All a bit random. Also had a game with my friend where we managed Liverpool together, only allowing ourselves one transfer (we brought back Robbie Fowler) and tried to win the European Cup as they did in real life in 2005. That was quite fun.

I didn't have a classic save on that version though, looking back, mostly because I was quite busy generally and didn't have a lot of time to play. I wasn't hooked as much as I was with CM03/04 and how much I was with FM07 when it came out a couple of years later.

What was FM05 like in terms of tactics etc.? I can't remember. Was the standard slider system introduced then?

With FM05, I noticed the following:

It's slow.

Saves are massive (no compression I think).

Training is the old "Pig In The Middle" modules thing.

Sliders are used in tactics, although it's fiddly as you can't adjust players instructions as a group by using the filter (passing style, etc.), you have to do each player one by one in the main screen.

No team talks.

Nice, snappy match engine. Actually looks like the players are dribbling and controlling the ball.

I have to say tho, if I had the patience, I'd go back to CM03/04. Tactics are simplified (for instance, passing uses Short / Mixed / Direct / Long options only, nothing inbetween), and the match engine is lovely. It's just so PAINFULLY slow - it took an hour to process a week on my dual core machine.

FM05 is very slow as stated above, also players progress is very slow, staff don't improve at all, and the worst part is that regens are even worse than those from fm08. Nice skin nonetheless, would love an FM05 skin for FM11.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived