Training - Keeping your players fit?

Hi guys,

I've been playing FM for quite some time now and am currently playing FM11. I have come to a point in my FM Career where I think i need to start creating my own training regimes. I like to be in complete control of my game and this is the only part that i've never tinkered with. So what are your experiences with training? Is it a pointless task or does it actually work creating your own schedules?

Also every season i suffer from the same problem. I get about 18/19 games in and my players become very tired until the rest of the season and I then have to keep rotating my best players. Is there a way that I can keep them fit all season round? Sometimes I will let them sit out for a couple of games and they will be 100 condition and they will be Match Fit. I then play them for one match and they will drop all the way down to about 60% fit and then I have to sit them out for another couple of games. How can i get around this? Is it a problem for others out there too?

Playing one match a week you should have no issues.

Playing two you will need to rotate your squad. In my team players will tend to be left out or benched once every 4/5 matches. It also depends what position they play and how much work you are asking them to do on the pitch. If you have important matches close together rest the most tired players from training for a few days to help them recover faster.

Really though @ 60% fitness they shouldn't need to sit out two matches to recover, sit out one and they should be fine for the next match.

I see. Im going to have a look at making their training a little lighter - Hency why im asking about training how it works. Is there a thread already created on here explaining training and attributes etc? If so can someone give me a link?

I need to sit down and really think hard about this.

Training -lighter- isn't going to solve your problem. Improving training facilities, coaches and increasing training intensity will make your players more fit. At the beginning of the game I often had most players in the low 70s after 70 minutes, now they are normally barely dipping below 80% at that time, finishing at 70% then getting a 10% boost when walking off. The difference (some of the players are the same) is better, harder training - and now I have the fittest squad in the league.

Get 4.5+ star coaches in every area, up the intensity to the click below Heavy by going up to High on all the important areas for each position and you'll be fine.

If not, the tactic you're playing are sapping too much energy from your players. Try increasing time wasting, reducing run from deep and pushing more up. Closing down less may also work but I have that set to max on everyone but the defense and haven't really had that many problems regarding exhaustion. But then again I rotate extremely heavily. I normally never start the same 11 twice in a row, and quite often all 11 are changed from one game to the next.

I make a point to use all 3 of my subs at the 60minute mark, regardless of whether I'm winning or not. I look at yellow cards and then fitness to decide on who I replace. This will help during the normal course of the season (1 or 2 games per week) but when I hit the final month or so I'll find myself playing 10 or more games over the course of 30 days, at which point I'll swap the entire team out from one game to the next so that I can have at least two days off to recover or to line up my best players for the "important" games.

I make a point to use all 3 of my subs at the 60minute mark, regardless of whether I'm winning or not. I look at yellow cards and then fitness to decide on who I replace. This will help during the normal course of the season (1 or 2 games per week) but when I hit the final month or so I'll find myself playing 10 or more games over the course of 30 days, at which point I'll swap the entire team out from one game to the next so that I can have at least two days off to recover or to line up my best players for the "important" games.

This. Except I look at motivation first, and take out nervous or complacent players as first priority. Then tiredness then yellow carded or poor playing. Unless I need to score, of course, then I'd want to replace the striker looking the least dangerous.

Subbing regardless of result might be a little extreme for me but i will also normally make the most of my subs as well, if we are like 3-0 up at half-time i'll normally bring two players in and then another sub around 60-70 depending on how things are going.

Subbing regardless of result might be a little extreme for me but i will also normally make the most of my subs as well, if we are like 3-0 up at half-time i'll normally bring two players in and then another sub around 60-70 depending on how things are going.

Haha...I'm not quite as dedicated as some people are to this game. I usually get the game started (windowed mode) then browse websites while the match plays out, then check back and do the half-time talk and wait until the 60min mark to make my subs. Then it's back to browsing until the game's finished!

Increase training intensity like BiggusD says :thup:

subbing players due to condition is the wrong way to do it... some players can drop into the 50's and still be mid to high 90's by the next match. Listen to your ass-man, take note of which players recover faster and be less concerned over their condition in match leaving you to concentrate on those who are 'looking exhausted' (passes go awry, tackles are missed.. the signs are there ;) ) or tactical changes.

Haha...I'm not quite as dedicated as some people are to this game. I usually get the game started (windowed mode) then browse websites while the match plays out, then check back and do the half-time talk and wait until the 60min mark to make my subs. Then it's back to browsing until the game's finished!

How many times are you finishing with 10 or 9 men then!?

The only times I use all subs before the 70th minute are when I am forced to, or have nothing to lose. The risk of injury after having used all subs increases with at leat 200%, it seems!

Archived