'Player demands money to move'

i was wondering when you sell a player the player sometimes comes back and says 'i want to be paid 'x' amount to move to a team becuase i am accepting a lower contract at that team.

so when you try to sign a player and he asks for demands you cant offer does he go to his team and do the same.If not then does'nt the Computer have a advantage over us

• SI Staff

Niall Quinn confirmed it recently at the Football Governance Inquiry.

I also seem to recall something similar happened with some players Leeds United a few years ago, Leeds were still paying wages to players who had moved on. Was it Danny Mills?

Was wondering about this myself recently, I'm always going for players out of my reach financially and have never had this suggested! A perfect case in point was when I made several attempts to sign a 27 year old rotting outside the fringes of his teams' first team squad in the division above me. He was rated as a leading player for my division and I was a leading side for the division, but he simply wouldn't compromise enough on wages!

there was a thread about this a while back that worked up some interest...

from that, there was only one guy who could provide evidence that an other team paid part of the player he had brought wages but that was a screenshot from FM2010 and he had only had it once where it had popped up in his news feed...

i imagine it does work both ways...well at least i hope...but it would be nice to be made more aware of it!

• 3 weeks later...

Well I can now confirm it does work both ways.

I just signed a striker from Tottenham and offered him less than his current contract, after a couple of weeks he signed and I got a news message that Tottenham were paying him £x until a set date. It also states that Tottenham are paying him money on his contract screen.

Archived