harshly sacked (imo)

abit of background:

got aldershot into the prem, won the title 3 yrs in a row, along with champs leauge (x2) fa cup a few times, leauge cup, world club cup. (not every year but at least one of those to go with the prem title)

this year i didn't do so well. i won the leauge cup, world club cub and the champions leauge but finished 6th in the leauge. the board weren't happy but they said they would back me, i got a message when the champs leauge that it had helped save my job.

shouldnt winning the champions leauge automatically put me into qualification stages for next year anyway? as happened with liverpool.

so anyway, i start up new season. couple of continues later before my first game of the season i get a new message saying 'sugar daddy wants to invest'. yes please said i.

couple of continues later when i'm looking for players i am sacked. :(

what gives? :'(

(this is with new update)

Had a Burnley game on FMHi very similar, was season 7 or 8, won pretty much everything and 1 season I finnished 3rd and bombed out of all competitions but won FA Cup and World Club Cup that year, board sacked me out of the blue...bastards!

maybe so but it was my first poor finish and the board had backed me at the end of the season. as @claret_chris has stated, this needs looking at, especially if you are a club legend!

shouldnt i have had this?

Member of the board - Cannot be Fired - Aquired after 10 years at the club (only 1 season to go for me

• SI Staff

I'll have a look at this - to be honest its not that unrealistic imho (ie. sugar daddies are notoriously impatient with a manager who under-performs, think of Mark Hughes for instance) ... however its not much 'fun' so I'll try and make them give you at least a few months grace period before they cut a manager once they come in - sound reasonable?

thanks Mark.

I think the annoying thing was I was told the board were backing me after the european cup win but at the start of the new season before I played a game I was sacked (the new board had just taken over) I can kind of understand this being a new board and all but I think some kind let off would be good, for example I'd been at the club over 10 years and won everything. If it was my first or second season then maybe.

Maybe there should be a 'Fans' column under the Mangament rating where you have the green bars. A board may not be happy with you but let you stick around for abit longer in order to keep the fans happy since you have been there for so long.

But thanks for looking at it. I have taken over Coventry, trying to get them into the Prem and become unbeatable :D

^ Fans column in the board confidence section would be a great idea. This could also be linked with transfers. As fans would be happy if you made big money signings, and the board would be happy if you made signings that did well. Add it Marc ;):D

It is so true that fans sometimes are able to keep manager at clubs for longer than they should be cough*Benitez*cough

Archived