How is Balotelli doing in your game?

He is one of the biggest talents in the world, but in this game he didn't meet the expectations. I signed him on free, to see if I can turn his fortunes.

Balotelli.jpg

He is still in manchester city in 2015, but he haven't played first team football in two years. He has recently instructed his agent to find him a more suitable club because he is unhappy at being fined.

Can't say im surprised :)

On my previous save i saw him on a free transfer recently and didn't take him, he was only 25 or 26 but had seriously declined even more on his mentals, concentration of 1, teamwork and workrate of 2 and 3 and the rest of his physicals were not that impressive.

I suppose that if you start with Man City and choose a good tutor for him maybe he can turn out a good player despite his weak mental attributes.

he ended up playing 24 games in the first season with man city, played 2 games in the second season due to him initially not being registered (no doubt because he was a moany git who said he wanted to leave).

man city constantly were offering him out for about 7mill and there were no takers. half way in the 3rd season he finally went to some spanish club where he now wants to leave, a year after joining

at the start of the 2012/2013 season he has a grand total of 12 EPL starts and 2 sub appearances (9 first season, 3(2) last), 4 cup starts (3 last season, 1 this) and 1 continental sub appearance (first season) and he has scored 2 in 9(1) season one, and 1 in 6(2) in season 2. He is unregistered this season... (content with conditions at the club currently)

Internationally though, he has 7 goals and an assist in 8 starts..

Seems like he's doing bad in everyone's game then and hasn't even gone close to fulfilling immense potential in anybody's game. Would be nice to hear from someone who did either turn him out to be a star or noticed he became one after all and overcame some of his mental problems/attitudes as players have in real life. Many of the world's greatest players were never the biggest professionals....

Except FM isn't real life, and in the game mechanics, CA growth is limited by hidden mental attributes, which is why Balotelli will never gain more than 5 CA points. That's not to say he can't play well though. If you know how to play him and keep his morale high, he can score for you.

He is a nightmare on my palermo save, no one will take him off my hands and I can't really blame them - offered him out on loan, for his value, for half his value with a percentage later

12 goals in 44 appearances, constantly getting fined at the moment for skipping training

The boy is 2 stops from dagenham

Better than some of you lot have seen him playing.

3 goals in 41 league games for Man City in 4 seasons (they played him loads in the 1st and 3rd season, barely at all in the 2nd and 4th) which earned him a £8.5m move to Chelsea. He played fairly regularly for the Blues for 6 years, the sporadically for his final two seasons, with a total of 29 goals in 146 league games. Joined Kayserispor on a free in 2022 and so far has 19 goals in 32 games in his season and a half - actually a really good return for a 32/33 year old.

Pleasingly, his only medal from that whole time is a League Cup win with Man City in 2014. He has a place on the bench in Chelsea's overall best XI.

Seems like he's doing bad in everyone's game then and hasn't even gone close to fulfilling immense potential in anybody's game. Would be nice to hear from someone who did either turn him out to be a star or noticed he became one after all and overcame some of his mental problems/attitudes as players have in real life. Many of the world's greatest players were never the biggest professionals....

Balotelli is pretty much a one-off even in terms of lack of professionalism, to be honest. While the odd superstar likes partying and whatnot, Balotelli is, unbelievably, even worse than that.

He demands too much money for anyone being interested, yet he signs new contracts with City even though he hates it there. He is impossible to motivate and hence he doesn't score goals. I think it should be possible to actually make him into a superstar if you just let him do whatever he wants and never fine him for it. Because of the team talks being so important to performances, he cannot play well with his hidden mental attributes, so he is absolutely rubbish in 11.3

in one of my games he was rubbish played 26 games altogether in the league for City until he moved to Barca on a free, had one very good season before Milan bought him and he scored 2 in 27 leagues games, now in their reserves demanding to leave and no one is interested.

I must admit that he is a trouble maker and causes rifts in the team but whenever ive signed him he's been amazing. Took him to madrid in one game and him and ronaldo on the wings were the best in the world, they shared all the player of the year awards between them. Although this wasnt on the most recent update and his mental stats have definately declined some

I've just signed him at Fiorentina for 1.5 million. I normally wouldn't touch this guy with a barge pole but I was desperate for a quality striker.

I'll let you know how I get on.

As of the end of May in 2013:

Currently playing for the MC reserves, with a total of 4 goals and 4 assists in 20 games over the course of his City career.

At this rate I'll probably be able to bring him in as a Designated Player for my MLS squad. I'd love to see how we get along!

Actually in my game he's doing well. Was a backup at Man City for 2 years, got some games later on, moved on a free to Villa in 15-16 and has been a first-team regular since. Plays 30+ games every season and scores 10+ to 25 goals every season. Sounds a lot better than most of the people above!

• 1 month later...

In my new save I am managing Hibernian, for already few years. Guess which club Balotelli decided to sign for after his MC contract ran out? My city rivals - Hearts. :D

In my game (in 2020) he had two poor seasons in the man city team (25 games, 7 goals total) and then spent 3 seasons in their reserves.

At the end of his contract he joined Sassuolo in Serie B and played 12 games in two seasons, scoring no goals.

He then joined Crotone on a free who were also in Serie B and spent two seasons with them playing 33 games and scoring 4 goals during which time they got relegated to Serie C1.

Finally he has joined Cremonese for the massive sum of £16k (also in Serie C1) and has played 34 games and scored 10 goals in one and a half seasons. For Italy he has 8 caps and 6 goals and at 30 he is doomed to spend life in Serie C from the looks of it.

• 2 months later...

My biggest challenge for me is to make Balotelli into a world-class player, wish me luck! If you look at his stats they are quite good, Im just not quite sure on which posistion he best plays. I'm considering playing him as a trequartista (I have never used that role for a player) so it will be intresting to see how it develops. I'm currently managing Arsenal in one of my saves, it's the 2nd season & Balotelli is listed for loan in the Man City Reserves squad, im going to go for it!

It's weird how much his career varies... I suppose FM have done a good job with his unpredictability!

mariobalotellihistoryca.png

Since retiring from football he has never been hired as staff.

5 years with Man City & only 10 appearances :eek:

From you're screenshots he had his best years at Triestina & Bari so maybe he's best suited for small Italian teams, who knows ehh? This guy is a wierd & challanging player to manage, but I'll give it my best shot if I ever choose to purchase him.

when i had a go with man city he got a hat trick for me in his 3rd appearance. got sent off next game for a 2 foor lunge, gave him a warning and he complained to the pfa trying to get his contract ripped up. he was a total nightmare after that and rarely put in a good performance. if you want a good squad harmony then he is the worst player you can sign.

Man City just released him in my Unione Venezia save, after he started a staggering 15 times in four seasons. Torino picked him up for a trial, but apparently didn't like what they saw. As a joke, I then offered him a joke trial (Venezia are newly-promoted to Serie B) and he accepted. I joke played him in two games. He scored in one and missed a joke penalty in the other. I offered him a joke contract and he (joke??) accepted, at just €4.2K p/w (minimum release of €1m). Since then, several other teams have made offers, but I'm hoping he accepts mine so I can then cancel it. As a joke.

Balotelli Watch Update:

balolololotelli.jpg

He chose Piacenza! A pretty bad move, as while they're in Serie A they're predicted to finish 19th, and he joins a squad that already has too many strikers and plays a 4-4-1-1.

I hope he stays, though, so I maybe get to face off against him in Serie B next year, and set all Tackling to Hard.

He is now being paid €10.5K p/w. That's one hell of a pay cut. :cool:

Archived