What is starting (Average) player RATING for each match?

Is it 6.7?

I was wondering what the STARTING (default) match rating for all 22 players on the pitch is exactly... so then they go up or down depending on actions on the field, is it 6.7? I ask that because I tried to see what match ratings are as soon as match started and it took like 5 mins to 'announce' it by match engine, finally when it did, 4-5 minutes into the match, 90% of players had 6.7 rating with a few below/above it.

What is the average rating? 7 or above means good apparently while 6.5 and below can be deemed disappointing?

6.5-6.9 is the average range I suppose when evaluating player performances?

The guy who said one team starts at 6.4 and one at 6.7 is correct. I thought it was always the opposition who gets 6.7 but maybe its the team that kicks off. I spotted that a few weeks ago and thought it was weird.

Personally i feel that players shouldn't start with any rating. Kind of like how currently when you sub a player on he will not get a rating until he has played 15 mins, unless he scores or assists or does something to change the game.

This way it would be more realistic imo

Okay I've done a couple tests myself now and it seems 6.7 is the starting rating for BOTH teams.

So I take that to be the average rating though some of you are saying you've done same and it's 6.4 so I guess we'll all have to investigate further.

Nonetheless, the range, 6.4-6.7 seem to be the 'average/mediocre' zone so anything above that is fairly good and anything below can be 'disappointing'.

Just critized a player of mine who in my opinion is playing very mediocre and has average rating of 6.6 as well as his form (Last 5 games - being 6.6) and told him he needs to improve if he wants to stay in 1st team (So not saying the worst thing to him as there's a worse option) but he still was surprised and said.... he thought he'd been playing fairly well and that this is unfair. Then I told him I'm the manager and so he should take my criticism on board and he said sorry he may have spoken out of turn)

Judging by that though a player with average rating or form of 6.6 doesn't even think he's doing badly, he even though he's played fairly well when I guess in reality, he's been playing just okay and so not worthy of a praise but not worthy of a criticism really either....

I consider anything below 6 as bad, and give them a dissapointing team talk, anyone above 8 is a delighted.

Okay I've done a couple tests myself now and it seems 6.7 is the starting rating for BOTH teams.

So I take that to be the average rating though some of you are saying you've done same and it's 6.4 so I guess we'll all have to investigate further.

Nonetheless, the range, 6.4-6.7 seem to be the 'average/mediocre' zone so anything above that is fairly good and anything below can be 'disappointing'.

Just critized a player of mine who in my opinion is playing very mediocre and has average rating of 6.6 as well as his form (Last 5 games - being 6.6) and told him he needs to improve if he wants to stay in 1st team (So not saying the worst thing to him as there's a worse option) but he still was surprised and said.... he thought he'd been playing fairly well and that this is unfair. Then I told him I'm the manager and so he should take my criticism on board and he said sorry he may have spoken out of turn)

Judging by that though a player with average rating or form of 6.6 doesn't even think he's doing badly, he even though he's played fairly well when I guess in reality, he's been playing just okay and so not worthy of a praise but not worthy of a criticism really either....

footballers don't like criticism, even when it's warranted... a 6.6 average rating over 5 games IS poor form, but 6.6 in a match as a one-off? Nah.. now 6.2 or less... then they're getting told... (or warned, or fined, etc..)

OK... I have the answer!!

The starting rating is 6.4 however as soon as a player touches the ball his rating jumps to 6.7. This is regardless of what that touch is (head, hand, foot, leg, backside, etc) or whether it was intended or not, whether it was a good touch or bad touch or any other factor... basically, it's a 0.3 jump in rating just for touching the ball.

Okay I've noticed the same thing so I guess we can really say the average rating is more a range of 0.3 between 6.4-6.7 and so anything above or below can be fairly 'pleasing' or 'disappointing'.

I have just got my International Round-Up from my ass-man and he said that both my youngsters "did well", one played an hour, the other came on as a sub for 40 mins...

both got 6.7

so from that one has to deduce that 6.7 = "did well"

Archived