Is it possible to change/add photo of myself (manager) mid way through the game?

I think its possible if you add the picture to your graphics folder named as your unique ID number. I think a config file for it maybe needed as well. If you already have faces in the game, add your picture to the folder and add a line to the config which represents your picture and it should work. Dont forget to reload your skin in preferences after adding your pic.

So people don't have to click on any link to go to another thread I will just post it here

Adding the image manually

If you forgot to add an image to your manager when starting or it's disappeared you can still add an image to your manager, and this is done in exactly the same way as you would add/create kits, logos or normal player pictures.

First you need to locate the image you want to use and copy it into the graphics folder within your User Data Folder, the location of your User Data Folder by default is:

My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\

Then browse to the graphics folder (if you don't have one create one) and then I'd recommend giving your manager picture its own folder (the name doesn't matter) and copy your chosen picture into this folder. Again the size of the image you use doesn't really matter as the game will resize it.

Next we need to create a config file for your manager picture (to link the image to your manager), in the folder where you have just put your manager picture create a new text document and open it with notepad, now paste the following into the file:

<record>

<!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- dont preload anything in this folder -->

<boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->

<boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<!-- logo mappings -->

<!-- the following XML maps pictures inside this folder into other positions

in the resource system, which allows this folder to be dropped into any place in the graphics folder and still have the game pick up the graphics files from the correct places -->

<list id="maps">

[iNSERT BELOW CODE HERE]

</list>

</record>

Now there are two ways of entering the code to link your manager picture to your manager, the first is the same as for adding logos, kits and player faces:

<record from="{FILE_NAME}" to="graphics/pictures/person/{UNIQUE ID}/portrait"/>

This method requires you to know your manager's id – which can be found by going into the Preferences -> Display & Sound Menu and ticking 'Show Unique Ids' now if you click confirm and go back to your manager profile page you'll notice a long line of numbers has appeared next to your manager name this is your ID.

You replace {FILE_NAME} with the name of your image and you replace {UNIQUE ID} with your managers id.

So for example I called my image manager and my id is 2023115564 the code I need to put in the file is:

<record from="manager" to="graphics/pictures/person/2023115564/portrait"/>

So I would then past this code into the text file in place of the [iNSERT BELOW CODE HERE] text from above and your config file should look like this:

<record>

<!-- logo mappings -->

in the resource system, which allows this folder to be dropped into any place in the graphics folder and still have the game pick up the graphics files from the correct places -->

<list id="maps">

<record from="manager" to="graphics/pictures/person/2023115564/portrait"/>

</list>

</record>

The second method requires you to know your manager's name and date of birth and you paste this code into the file:

<record from="{FILE_NAME}" to="graphics/pictures/person/{MANGER_FIRSTNAME} {MANAGER_SURNAME} {BIRTHDAY_DD}-{BIRTH_MONTH_MM}/portrait"/>

So for example my image is called manager and my manager's name is Michael Murray and his birthdate is 12th November so I enter:

<record from="manager" to="graphics/pictures/person/michael murray 12-11/portrait"/>

In place of the [iNSERT BELOW CODE HERE] text.

If you have done it right your file should look like this:

<record>

<!-- logo mappings -->

<list id="maps">

<record from="manager" to="graphics/pictures/person/michael murray 12-11/portrait"/>

</list>

</record>

Now that you have pasted in the line that you want you need to save the file and you need to ensure you save the file as config.xml – the .xml bit is important you need to ensure the file turns into an xml type document and DOESN'T get renamed config.xml.txt

So with the file saved the final step is to go into FM2011 into the Preferences -> Display & Sound Menu and untick 'Use Skin Cache' and tick 'Always Reload Skin On Confirm' and your chosen image should appear

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Hold on while I check.

Yeh, it must become part of the save when you first set it up, you can change the photo though.

Sorry, i don't speak english very well. If you mean that changing picture profile in Preferences/Profile, when i boot the game, affects the existing Manager Profile in-game.. well it doesn't work for me. But maybe it's just a problem of mine. Maybe depends on the fact that i have the Linux version. Don't know.

If i was wrong to understand, please don't worry about answering. :)

Cheers,

Rocco

• 3 weeks later...
So I have tried various ways to do this but I have had no luck.

Changing my picture via Preferences > Profile didnt change it.

Creating a config.xml as described above didnt work.

Also adding a line to an existing config.xml didnt work.

Any ideas?

Weird, I just made a dir named "person" in the dir where I put graphic stuff like logos and faces (in linux, "/home/{username}/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2014/graphics/person"). Put there the profile pic (a jpg) and created this config.xml as Wittastic said in his first example, and it worked.

Maybe you need to clear your cache folder and reload the skin to see the effects?

Weird, I just made a dir named "person" in the dir where I put graphic stuff like logos and faces (in linux, "/home/{username}/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2014/graphics/person"). Put there the profile pic (a jpg) and created this config.xml as Wittastic said in his first example, and it worked.

Maybe you need to clear your cache folder and reload the skin to see the effects?

Just tried again and still having no joy. Is there an actual cache folder I can clear rather than pressing the clear cache button via Preferences?

Just tried again and still having no joy. Is there an actual cache folder I can clear rather than pressing the clear cache button via Preferences?

Yes, win/mac: http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=217

linux: http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=233

Anyway, remember that after you've cleared the cache pressing the clear cache button via Preferencese you need to restart Football Manager.

Yes, win/mac: http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=217

linux: http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=233

Anyway, remember that after you've cleared the cache pressing the clear cache button via Preferencese you need to restart Football Manager.

Thanks for the reply.

Tried this but still no joy.

All other normal faces load, as well as logos, but Kits have decided to stop loading.

If I remove my manager face folder it all works fine though, which seems odd.

Archived