I'm using the iPad version of FMHi, and I'm trying to figure out what goes into having a good "Youth Policy".

Some of things I've done, to no apparent avail:

- Send out young players on loan

- Actively scout for new, young talent; buy when I discover a good prospect

- Promote promising young players to the first team, give them games whenever it makes sense

- Hang on to talented young players (I'm not a "selling" club, unless the deal is just too good to pass up)

Even after doing all of these things, my overall "Youth Policy" rating never seems to budge off of "10", and sometimes even dips down to "9".

What do I need to do to convince the game that I'm doing whatever I can to discover and train and promote young talent?

Not entirely. The youth policy attribute will increase with the amount of under 18's you buy compared to the over 18's you buy. E.g. if I buy a 23 year old and 4 16 year olds then my Youth policy attribute will be more likely to increase.

Not entirely. The youth policy attribute will increase with the amount of under 18's you buy compared to the over 18's you buy. E.g. if I buy a 23 year old and 4 16 year olds then my Youth policy attribute will be more likely to increase.

I dont think that is true, I only ever bought under 18 year olds and my youth policy in my Burnley game never rose above a terrible amount. My youth policy lasted 30 years and was the same from day 1. Buy low or aquire low, e.g never spending more than 1mil, and then sell them on at their peak around 27-28. Everyplayer bought was either loaned out, promoted through the ranks or sold on if they couldnt hack the training. The last 4 or 5 seasons I didnt buy anyone as I was getting lucky with regens from the youth team.

Now the above to me signifys Youth Policy, however I think the game mechanics may be swayed more towards actually playing a youth team persistantly.

I never really tried to max out my youth policy attribute, but I always had a natural tendency to hire younger players. I also try to loan them out when their ability is still low, but I don't pay particular attention on giving them playing time. Overall, my youth policy rating is 14 after some seasons, and don't seem to change later on.

I dont think that is true, I only ever bought under 18 year olds and my youth policy in my Burnley game never rose above a terrible amount. My youth policy lasted 30 years and was the same from day 1. Buy low or aquire low, e.g never spending more than 1mil, and then sell them on at their peak around 27-28. Everyplayer bought was either loaned out, promoted through the ranks or sold on if they couldnt hack the training. The last 4 or 5 seasons I didnt buy anyone as I was getting lucky with regens from the youth team.

Now the above to me signifys Youth Policy, however I think the game mechanics may be swayed more towards actually playing a youth team persistantly.

iirc, the Youth Policy attribute is broken compared to the rest.

iirc, the Youth Policy attribute is broken compared to the rest.

False.

My youth policy is at 20 guys. All you have to do is only buy young prospects and then PLAY THEM. Always have at least 4 guys under 21 that you are giving regular playing time...at least once every other game.

Transfer Acumen is the broken stat.

You must buy Young Players , but you don't have to Play them . I just Tried it out, i Bought 13 Young players and my Youth Policy Sent up to 17(in a New save file)

If you if you sell Young Player, don't buy any Young Players in a Season or buy much Older Players, your Youth Policy went down

PSP

I have started a new game - insert irrelevant details - and have been given youth players from my reserve team. This has happened in the past but very seldom. The kicker here is out of the three players two of them are good players not great the other not so much.

What decides getting youth players premoted from the reserves ?.

Is it possible to get a top player come through the ranks ?.

What decides getting youth players premoted from the reserves ?.

Is it possible to get a top player come through the ranks ?.

Youth players getting promoted are just Regens, so you have every chance of getting a superstar as you have the same chance of getting a sunday leaguer.

Archived