FMH08

I know we started a thread of with the ideas that we would like to see in the new game but which ones do we honestly think will make it??

We know reserve teams are in and easier editing but what do others think will make it?

I think a bigger database and more transfer activity from the other teams.

I know we started a thread of with the ideas that we would like to see in the new game but which ones do we honestly think will make it??

We know reserve teams are in and easier editing but what do others think will make it?

I think a bigger database and more transfer activity from the other teams.

I think it will be pretty much the same and from the screenshots, it looks that way.

I know Mark was saying how they don't want to add features as it will make it less 'pick up and play'... but I don't know about anyone else, but 99% of the time I sit playing it on my sofa and would like a lot more features.

Not to bothered about 2d pitch but a more realistic game is what's needed.

To be fair, once you have started a season, there is nothing to do. You can't buy players, you have your formation, and you have done your training...

All you do is, start match, finish match, swap injured player, start match, finish match, swap suspended player. All gets a bit boring.

• SI Staff

In response to the comments here:

The transfer system has been tweaked a fair bit as has your opponents AI.

Tactics are now fully customisable and flexible (and you can save them to memory card so you can swap them with friends etc.).

Media has been expanded again, you can now appeal against bans etc. so the game is expanding - the trick we're trying to pull off is to ensure that the increasing options don't also slow down the gameplay which is imho critical to a 'fun' handheld experience ..

Im glad about all of the updates so far including the transfer market tweak, reserves, tactics and editing. I'm a little unsure if there will be any bug tactis found though such as the famous "Diablo" tactic for CM 03/04 if any of you true champ/football managers can remember. However there hasnt been a change list released yet but I pressume thats all the major changes for this version really. Hopefully there will be player pictures, 2d pitch, even more advanced editing and especially finances added in the near future. This will add greatly to the games loading time so it has to be a compromise between pick up 'n' play and in depth gaming really...

Archived