Rafa's 4-3-2-1 iPhone

My first post!

I've been playing FMH11i for a couple of months now. It is a wonderful adaptation of our beloved game, still with tons of room for improvement! barely can't wait for the next version!

I have been quite successful using narrow tactics with loads of central midfielders and forwards. I also notice that setting midfielders roles to box-to-box (BBM) may tire them more, but gives you much more control over the matches.

I tried using variations of 4-3-3 and 4-1-2-1-2 with success in many levels. The first helped me promote Boa EC from the Brazilian Second Division to the first (by the way Sports Interactive fellows, this team does not exist in real life!), and led me to three league wins in 5 years. The second was successfully applied to Real Madrid, where I won La Liga 3 times in a row in my first three years, plus 2 Spanish Cups, 3 Spanish Super Cups, 1 Champions League (+2 runners up), 1 World Club Cup and 1 European Super Cup.

Even being ridiculously successful, I was quite frustrated with losing the Champions League final twice, so I decided to try a new tactic:

My latest tactic: Rafa's 4-3-2-1i

6405c8.jpg

2elfe2o.jpg

My last 9 games:

k3urgw.jpg

8 victories and 1 tie in 9 matches. The tie against Betis in the Spanish Cup was due to the lack of effort from my players, as the qualification was practically assured in the first leg (We won 4-1).

21 goals scored, 1 conceded (Avg. 2.33 - 0.11 per game). Not bad for a very offensive tactic!

In addition, until now my team has always had the majority of ball possession (55-65% every game), loads of shots on goal (15-25 per game), and barely any scares for the back line (1-3 shots for the opposition per game).

Future looks bright! Let's see where I'll be in the end of this season! And it would be nice if any of you guys gave it a try and shared your experiences!

Ps.: Sorry for the stupidly large size of the images. I will do better next time :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

Looks very nice however I think you probably need a very good team to pull that style off - lesser sides might find their midfielders struggling with so much being asked of them ...

I'm surprised you haven't had any feedback yet, because I think this might well turn out to be the best tactic around. I have done pretty well using a modified version of an old 4-1-3-2 posted by thebugel, which has helped me finish 8th in the Premiership with Oldham after 3 seasons. This tactic has proved much more defensively solid and consistent so far though, and I am now 1st after 15 games into my 2nd Premiership season (and my player are average at best).

I'd be interested to know how the rest of your season(s) turned out!

Thanks

Hi Millsinho,

Thanks for the feedback! I'm not sure it this is the best tactic around, but it works very well in most of the cases! I'm happy to hear about your success with Oldham! Let me hear how your season finishes!

I haven't finished my season with Real yet. I got a little bit bored, and started another game. But now I got back into the game, and I'll post my season stats shortly!

Hi nice tactic, could you please post it at FMHVibe please? I know a few have asked for a similar one for iPhone :), thanks.

Hi Dec! I'll do it :)

Looks very nice however I think you probably need a very good team to pull that style off - lesser sides might find their midfielders struggling with so much being asked of them ...

Hi Marc! It worked very nicely with Boa EC, in the Brazilian 2nd division. I shall try it in other leagues to be sure it's a hit in any level. The box-to-box instruction tires your players a lot, but I feel that the results you get from them make it worthwhile.

You need a reasonably good squad for success with any tactic, but I would say depth is more important than quality with this tactic. The 2 AMCs need subbing virtually every match due to fatigue, and the MCs and fullbacks don't fare that much better.

Yeah, they do get tired. I've been considering switching their roles to Advanced Playmaker, but didn't have enough time to test it yet. I normally rotate the squad a lot, resting any player in which condition is under 90%. But, IMO, it's better a tired victorious team than a fresh bunch of losers :D

End of the season with Real Madrid, using the tactic discussed above!

Another extremely successful season, with a fourth La Liga title, in a row! In addition, we had the five best performers in the league, plus the World Player of the Year, Manager of the Year (that's me!), La Liga player of the Year, and Young Player of the Year! We also won the Spanish Cup and the Spanish Super Cup! However... We lost the Champions League final, for the third time in a row... Following previous years disappointments versus Chelsea and Barcelona, we arrived to this year final as hot favourites, after tough playoff matches against Chelsea and Man Utd. The opponent was Napoli, and they managed to hold the almighty Real Madrid for 120 minutes, and scrape a win in a penalty shoot-out...

2ahejno.png

2eusjmb.png

Bittersweet season...

Archived