Regrets

With Everton and won the Premeriship in my first full season in charge and got to FA cup Final but lost to Arsenal, after taking over in the January of the previous season.

Starting the following season when Inter come in for me offering 46mill to spend on players and 101mill wage budget and I turned them down as I had just strenthened my leaky defence with another England International defender to partner my other England International defender and the England goalkeeper as although I won the league it was abit Keegan esque as we let in alot of goals during the season.

However I now wish I had taken the Inter job.

What are your regrets in the game?

101m in wage budget ? woah ! that is some heavy pay there. I took over Levante in November/december and won them the league that season after they were 18th when I took them over. I then wanted to manage either Barcelona or Real Madrid, or even Inter/Juventus in Italy or a big club in Holland or Germany. Or even Rangers in Scotland but the Liverpool job became available also, so I wanted to eventually head back there to where I started and to the club I have supported for 20 years.

But yes I regret not managing a big club in Spain, Italy, Scotland, Germany or Holland.

I regret signing adrian mutu on a free transfer... Disrupted my whole team and went on a losing streak. Heartbreaking.

And maybe selling a few youngsters i thought wouldnt make it, now play top level serie A. Gutting

Recently i had a save with Pro Vercelli after bringing them up from the fourth tier to be Serie A Champions, on the next season i was playing against Dortmund on the 1st knockout stage, i managed a 1-2 away victory but completly bottled it at home and lost 1-3, since the league campaign was being a disaster i had all my season hopes on making a good Champions League campaign.

I was so dissapointed that i resigned and gave up on that save and now i kind of regret it.. specially since i played the entire game only signing Italian players and i had some really good youngsters coming up the ranks, i still have a backup from the autosave but i never really like to "repeat" what i've alrealy played unless it's a crash dump.

And after so many seasons with a 7k stadium i was finally getting the new stadium complete on the end of the season.

Archived