Why can't we always comment on the previous game?

I find one of the most annoying 'features' about FM, and always have, is that if you comment on a manager before a game you can't say anything other than the crappy press conference after the game. What's that all about? Surely it can't be a difficult thing to work out? I want to comment on the game, it's pretty rubbish that you can't.

I second this. Sometimes other managers come out after the match saying certain things about me, regarding my style of play, tactical abilities etc etc that are specific to the match. Annoying I only get the generic manager comments I can make any other time.

I second this. Sometimes other managers come out after the match saying certain things about me, regarding my style of play, tactical abilities etc etc that are specific to the match. Annoying I only get the generic manager comments I can make any other time.

Yeah, I don't even get these in some instances - everything is greyed out! I hope in future versions the interaction between teams and managers is much much more complex; just look at what happened after the first Real/Barca CL match in real life. The game would become so epic if, after a match like that, you could cause all kinds of sh*t with the press/FA etc., with relevant repercussions of what you say. Although for now I'd just be happy with telling Tony Pulis to F**k off when, after beating Stoke 3-0, he tells me I'd be better off shooting instead of trying to walk the ball into the back of the net :D

A SI guy told me in another thread that these are actual bugs that won't be in 2012. Why they haven't managed to fix this in 11.2 and 11.3 is beyond me, since it worked excellently in FM10. Maybe that code interfered with something else?

Perhaps there should be - as well as the post-match press conference - an option for a post-match interview? Where the questions are more provocative and they give you more fierce options while you're still in the heat-of-the-moment. Or is that what a post-match press conference is s'posed to be?

Archived