Work Permit Problem!

Hi

This may be a simple problem for me to resolve but it is baffling me. I recently signed a Argentinian left winger, he has six international caps. He managed to sign for me without any problems with gaining a work permit, he has also lived in france enough time to gain nationality however it says on his personal information that (he needs to reside in france).

The problem is when i try to play this player in a match it says that this player does not have a work permit and cannot play in this match?? There is a red box next to his name on team selection page with the letters 'wp' within it which obviously means work permit but how do i gain for him now?? is it a case of sending him on loan somewhere??

It would be great if someone could help me out here.

Thanks

You didn't read the terms of the deal fully when you purchased him. Maybe you got a little too excited and just clicked "accept" without reading.

You will have a "work permit" affiliate club (possibly Belgium or similar). You will have to send him out on loan for 2-4 years.

In the meantime, keep offering him a new contract every month - and hope that his premit problems will disappear.

You didn't read the terms of the deal fully when you purchased him. Maybe you got a little too excited and just clicked "accept" without reading.

You will have a "work permit" affiliate club (possibly Belgium or similar). You will have to send him out on loan for 2-4 years.

In the meantime, keep offering him a new contract every month - and hope that his premit problems will disappear.

Haha yeh i think thats probably what happenned mate, i have been after a good left winger for ages n when he accepted was a relief. Thanks for the advie, i have got a belgian team i can send him too so thats good. Thank you.

Do you have any feeder clubs in France? If so then send him there until the end of the transfer window and the paper work should be done. In future if you try to sign any south american players I would suggest that you have a feeder club from Spain in place first. Spain has rules regarding South American players where they are elligible for Spanish nationality after just two years.

they really need to bolden this news up or have a longer process than a simple 'accept' for these transfers. I'm sure there have been many, and I am one of them, who have signed a player in haste without noticing they failed their work permit application/appeal

Archived