Workload slider on Match Preparation screen

I recently discovered this "Workload" slider on the Match Preparation Screen. I'm not sure exactly what it does however. Does it:

a) adjust the workload of the entire training load and match preparation all together

b) adjust only the amount of match preparation (e.g. tactics work)

c) something else

I notice in the individual players training schedules that there is a percentage breakdown. For my players, it usually shows 30% allotted for match preparation. I don't know if the "workload" slider reduces only this or the entire training and match preparation workloads.

I couldn't find anything about this screen in the in-game help or the manual.

Thanks in advance for any explanations.

One of the reasons I am particularly interested in this slider is to reduce the training for weeks when we have a Saturday - Tuseday/Wednesday - Saturday match schedule. I really want to reduce the away from game workload. I have individual training schedules for each player and it's too much trouble to reduce each one. And I've gotten the advice that using the "Rest" function may result in a player being even less fit for the upcoming match.

the workload slider on match prep reduces the amount of training time spent on match-prep...

you should ramp it up until the bars in your tactic are all 'fluid' then you can reduce it to very low and it will be fine...

The higher it is, the quicker your match prep bars fill up, but the less time is given to your training schedules.

Once your bars are filled, you should reduce the slider so that your players' training is more intense and their attributes improve more quickly.

Archived