Having quite an annoying problem.

Hi, I'm new here and I was wondering if anyone can help me with a problem I'm having. Okay, so I downloaded a new skin and put in the correct place (C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011) I never had a skins folder so I made it and placed the folder of the downloaded skin in there. I then went into Preferences, unticked 'Use Skin Cache' and ticked 'Reload Skin On Confirm'. After I confirmed it however, this happened:

vhtds1.png

As you can see, all the badges have disappeared along with the faces of the players (that originally have faces). I then went into my tactics and saw this:

21o0h21.jpg

My kits have all disappeared as well and a funny thing has happened, my mouse pointer has reverted back to the mouse pointers that were used in the older Football Manager games. If anyone can help I'd really, really appreciate it as this is really annoying me now. I've tried everything I can think of - Deleting every trace of Fm11 (except from my saved games) and completely re-installing Football Manager again but no luck at all. :confused:

First make sure there is a config.xml file located in the skins folder aswell (it should hopefully have come with the skin if not download this file and put it into the skins folder then load the game up down the skin cache off and reload the skin and your graphics should reappear).

Second make sure you haven't touched any of the files in the location of where you installed FM2011.

Followed what you said and I still have no success. I appreciate your help and I really hope someone can come to the bottom of my problem as It's really beginning to bug me! If it's such a stupid problem then I'll be kicking myself. :(

P.S. I haven't touched any files in the location where I have installed it.

Archived