thinking of buying but not enough info.....for example downloads?

sorry if this has been tackled elsewhere, i've read all the reviews and sifted through the posts and can't find the answer to my questions. As the wife has managed to drop my laptop, destroying the screen, i am currently FM-less and rather than forking out for a new PC am considering buying a PSP - with only one purpose!

Before i do this though, here are the questions that are burning away (and i can't be alone, surely?):

-what happens on 31st august? can we download up-to-date squads as during the transfer window there will be a lot of changes. otherwise i'll only be playing with a "realistic" team for 3 months after which i'll have to wait for FM 2007

-how big is the database for seeking out potential buys? in the past mine have been from mexio, argentina, sweden and brazil. will my fave players still be around?

-can we "add all players" from countries like brazil and sweden?

many thanks,. it's the download question that most concerns me, i always play with renewed vigour after the transfer window updates are available!

sorry if this has been tackled elsewhere, i've read all the reviews and sifted through the posts and can't find the answer to my questions. As the wife has managed to drop my laptop, destroying the screen, i am currently FM-less and rather than forking out for a new PC am considering buying a PSP - with only one purpose!

Before i do this though, here are the questions that are burning away (and i can't be alone, surely?):

-what happens on 31st august? can we download up-to-date squads as during the transfer window there will be a lot of changes. otherwise i'll only be playing with a "realistic" team for 3 months after which i'll have to wait for FM 2007

-how big is the database for seeking out potential buys? in the past mine have been from mexio, argentina, sweden and brazil. will my fave players still be around?

-can we "add all players" from countries like brazil and sweden?

many thanks,. it's the download question that most concerns me, i always play with renewed vigour after the transfer window updates are available!

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">download updates </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately the first iteration of the PSP game doesn't support updates, it is something we'll be looking into for the next version however.

Personally though I think 3 months play out of a game isn't too bad ..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">-how big is the database for seeking out potential buys? in the past mine have been from mexio, argentina, sweden and brazil. will my fave players still be around? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The database varies in size somewhat depending on the league selected but a fair few players from other leagues and nations are present and correct as you'd expect (take a look at some of the suggested player threads on here for examples of the sort of players around - or post specific queries regarding if 'player x' is in the game etc.).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">-can we "add all players" from countries like brazil and sweden? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately not, simply put the PSP has only 32Mb of memory and so such an option wasn't viable.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Odd_Kid:

Do you mean only 32mb on the umd or on disc cause i have a 1gb one ... sounds bit selfish sorry but a big FM fan </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Errrm neither I'm afraid.

Both the UMD and memory sticks are 'mass storage' rather than memory.

Mass storage is used for storing save games and other data generally, on a PC its possible to 'spoof' extra memory using a hard-disk however neither of the mass-storage devices on a PSP is fast enough for this to be possible.

As such the machine is limited by the 32Mb of internal memory it has available (of which not all is available to a game as the Sony OS libraries take up approximately a quarter of this memory).

(sorry to get geeky, but you did ask icon_wink.gif )

• 2 weeks later...

Archived