Allowing your Asst Manager to renegoiate contracts

Does anyone ever do this?

I have never taken up this option, but wondered if there is any advantage/disadvantage...does the Asst Manager manage to strike good deals?

I have always done my own as I usually run a 'smaller' club and always want to spend as less as possible?!

I do this. I really can't be bothered dealing with it to be honest. I try to let the AI of the club deal with financial matters as much as possible. (Contracts and transfers) It seems to be alright so far. They tend to take more time with players who seem to be more important to the team. Plus the club usually has a maximum amount you can offer for different roles. No really weird or ridiculous contracts yet.

I never let the AI handle contracts...they dont seem to do them wisely. I like to sign good players to 5 year deals (in lower leagues) because it keeps the wage bill low over time. The AI gives too many short contracts IMO.

I never let the AI handle contracts...they dont seem to do them wisely. I like to sign good players to 5 year deals (in lower leagues) because it keeps the wage bill low over time. The AI gives too many short contracts IMO.

Same here. I also like to get rid of some of the clauses (like match highest earner) and the yearly percentage increases. I like to have more control over my contracts, even if it does mean the agents get paid well.

Archived