Best finishing move?

What is the best preferred move for scoring goals?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best preferred move for scoring goals?

• Places shots
    • Shoots with power
    • Likes to round keeper
    • Likes to lob keeper
    • None

Interesting that the PPM my backroom staff are unanimous in me eradicating from my strikers is in an early lead - That's "likes to round goalkeeper"

I don't know what the best move is so I'm not going to vote, but I would have expected it to be "places shots".

I'm more concerned about whether my strikers should be advanced strikers, poachers, complete forwards etc, and whether they should be support or attack :S

Stone Cold Stunner.

I never train lob or round, they are more risky, and the player should make the decision 'on his own' without being influenced to do them.

I prefer "places" because I use a tactic geared more towards breaking through the opposing line and having 1 on 1's. I find that it's a better choice because I also use strikers as wing-forwards, and often rotate them through positions. Places Shots is better for wide-players as well as those who break through.

So my players I try to get them to learn Place Shots then Break Offside Trap. After that I try to get them to learn Killer Balls if I remember and their passing is okay.

A more central/poaching player (I don't use them too much), go with Power Shots + Tries First Time Shots.

I think the composure-thing makes sense. It is also a matter of from where your striker is normally shooting. If he finds himself right in front of the keeper all the time, I suppose Power is better because then he shoots through the keeper. If he finds himself more aligned with the two posts or in other angles, Placing is better. Power is also good with Flair because it aids long shots.

All of the most clinical strikers i've ever had have possessed the "Places Shots" PPM, but as another poster alluded to, it might be wise to link it to their composure. My theory has always been you can never score if your shot isn't on target. You'd hardly want a winger with 7 finishing blasting the ball as hard as he could, would you? Or maybe you do, because he's not skillful enough to place the shot and should just smash it? Ah, the mysteries of FM. :)

Many factors to consider, Flair, Composure, Technique, Decisions to name a couple.

My favourite currently is shoots with power, i'm using this on my forward who is of a world wide reputation he's got 18 finishing, 16 technique and 16 composure he bangs them in.

Atm his shot % is around 60% on target

one thing which influences which one I train my strikers is the composure, if its low then I would recommend shoots with power but if its high then I would go with places shots

This........

But I did vote for "places shots" as normally i don't buy strikers with poor composure.

Archived