Preferred Moves - All Greyed Out

Hi All

Since I have installed 11.3 I have noticed that I am getting ALL the conversations greyed out in the preferred moves screen when either:

A) I ask someone to learn a move and they refuse

B) When they have just finished learning a move - it is all greyed out so they cannot learn a new one.

Ocassionally one player suddenly gets the conversation freed up (but I haven't spotted a pattern to it, might just be after a VERY long time)

In previous versions it greyed out the specific category you had just asked someone to train on, for quite some time, but now it does ALL the cetegories.

I assume it did this to make it harder to train your players to learn new moves - effectively you had to be patient, but greying them all out, rather than one, makes it a VERY slow / almost impossible process to get them to learn new moves.

Is this possibly a result of any other change I don't know about ?

Perhaps a change was made so you can't learn a new position at the same time as a new movement for example (but if such a change has been made, I can't sport the pattern)

I am not sure if this is a bug of by design (to make it harder to train lots of youngsters with lots of moves), so would be interested to know if it is happening to you on 11.3.

p.s. I have already tried clearing both the cache and setting folders.

After you ask a player to learn PPM and he rejects it you must wait 6 months before you can ask him again. Same applies if he accepts and learn it, then you wait again 6 months.

The whole PPM thing is horrendously implemented anyway, and this change just makes it harder to do.

You're correct, previously you could immediately suggest a different move to learn if they rejected. Rather than having to take a chance every 6 months on if they'll accept or not.

After you ask a player to learn PPM and he rejects it you must wait 6 months before you can ask him again. Same applies if he accepts and learn it, then you wait again 6 months.

Wow, i never realised it was so long..

This is seriously badly implemented IMO, and considering how almost random it seems to be for a player to accept or refuse to learn a PPM it's almost asking for a save/reload before asking them to learn a PPM, six months it's just too long!

Archived