So many injuries, so poor indepth

I'm managing Barcelona, first season Iniesta had a big injury and then so did messi(about 3 big injuries infact...) and victor Valdes (Missed most of the season, played 15 games in total) so due to the small budget you get in season 1 and because Pinto is poop, i shipped alot of deadwood out, managed to rake up 30mill and buy Neuer. Goalkeeper was the worst position as I had pedro to fill in for messi and Affelay for Iniesta. The second season i had a big 150m budget + sales income. Knowing i needed strength I bought Cesc for a ridicules price and I bought Eden hazard, Lahm and Shevchenko and then a few youngsters to play in the cup. first game is the super cup and I thrash Malaga 5-0, in the second game Villa gets injured, 3rd Messi gets injured and so does Iniesta. Cesc is then injuried in the next followed by Hazard, Pique, Busquests, Pedro, Alves and Adriano.

Not being funny but these are all injuries to my key players and it is happening too often, extremely frustrating. And to make matters worse, Messi has been injured 3 games after returning from his original injury...

AND

to top it all off i think i have hit the post and bar more times than every team in the world put together, if i actually manage to beat the keeper it ends up hitting the bar or post.

All the injuries come in matches not from training, usually its "torn calf muscles"

Injuries are down to either:

A) Training (too much)

B) Bad luck

C) Tactics

As to tactics, there are several things to look for:

A) Players being asked to do too much work - high closing down, too much running

B) Injury prone players

C) Opposition targeting players or even just having players with poor tackling abilities

D) Players being asked to run a lot with the ball or hold the ball encouraging more tackles from the opposition

E) Poor tackling/decisions mixed with high aggression/bravery can lead to your team making poor challenges resulting in injuries, especially if tired

toning down your closing down and tempo should help to alleviate these types of injuries and I'd check your coach reports on players to see if any are indicated as being prone to injuries. Also I've noticed that if a player has less than 92% condition he's likely to have 'tired' in his profile where fitness is indicated, if that's the case with a player in my team he doesn't play unless I have no cover and he absolutely has to.

Archived