Absolutely shambolic

Since when has a Swedish Youth player not been a home grown player in a SWEDISH league? This game has more bugs in it than my bed. How on earth did we get to version 11.3 with such a game stopping bug!!

And before you all start saying its not a game stopper it bloody well is

They are all 17 or under, I took over the side 2 weeks before the window closed & had not one player over 17. Managed to sign 8 players (4 of whom have since been injured lol) before the window shut and currently having to leave 5 spaces on the bench.

well either the researcher hasnt done a very good job and filled their ages in incorrectly in the database or 17 & 16 Swedish players are elligible to play in the Swedish leagues as a home grown player or IRL they would be forfeiting all their matches

They are all 17 or under, I took over the side 2 weeks before the window closed & had not one player over 17. Managed to sign 8 players (4 of whom have since been injured lol) before the window shut and currently having to leave 5 spaces on the bench.

It's not a bug then, it's the rules. To be classed as home grown the player has to have trained in your nation for a minimum of three years before their 21st birthday, which they can't have done at 17 since the minimum age for a professional contract is 17.

It's not a bug then, it's the rules. To be classed as home grown the player has to have trained in your nation for a minimum of three years before their 21st birthday, which they can't have done at 17 since the minimum age for a professional contract is 17.

So why at the start of the game do we have teams with no over 17's?? You cant have it both ways, either its a bug over elligibility or a bug on the team squad players

So why at the start of the game do we have teams with no over 17's?? You cant have it both ways, either its a bug over elligibility or a bug on the team squad players

Do you mean every first team player is 17 or under?

The rules are not made up by SI, and as others have stated they cannot be homegrown until they have been at a club for 3 years before their 21st birthday, its impossible to have done that by 17 years old.

I would suggest reading up on the FIFA rules before crying bug.

The rules are not made up by SI, and as others have stated they cannot be homegrown until they have been at a club for 3 years before their 21st birthday, its impossible to have done that by 17 years old.

Players usually don't join their clubs at 17! A lot of players are at the club for years, since childhood, which is exactly what FIFA, UEFA and company want. This is why when, say, you manage an English club, every single one of your Under-18s who joined from your academy is eligible for the homegrown quota (although they don't actually need to be registered as they are under 21) - they are assumed to be at the club before they were 18.

I woudl suggest researching the local FA rules also, before saying everything's fine...

Hemmafostrad spelare (så kallad home grown player): En spelare som varit registrerad för en svensk förening under minst tre år under levnadsåren 15-21 år. Spelare under 18 år ska ha varit registrerade i en svensk förening från och med den 1 april det kalenderår spelaren fyller 15 år för att kategoriseras som hemmafostrad spelare.

"Home-grown players: a player who has been registered at a Swedish club for at least 3 years between the age of 15 and 21. In order to be regarded as HG, players under 18 will have to be registered at a Swedish club from April 1st in the calendar year they turn 15."

Then again... if you look at your yearly youth intake, the U18 players usually have a club listed in brackets, that being the local club they come from, which is usually an officially recognized club by the local FA...

So your youth players who join at 17 should just have ONE YEAR left before being considered HG (in nation).

I woudl suggest researching the local FA rules also, before saying everything's fine...

"Home-grown players: a player who has been registered at a Swedish club for at least 3 years between the age of 15 and 21. In order to be regarded as HG, players under 18 will have to be registered at a Swedish club from April 1st in the calendar year they turn 15."

Then again... if you look at your yearly youth intake, the U18 players usually have a club listed in brackets, that being the local club they come from, which is usually an officially recognized club by the local FA...

So your youth players who join at 17 should just have ONE YEAR left before being considered HG (in nation).

youth players join your club from another club, so they have to be at your club for 3 years before being considered homegrown by your club. Does the FIFA rule state that amature or youth clubs count? I dont think juvenile clubs count when looking at home grown status, could be wrong tho. I dont think it counts here in Britain, if it did every youth player you have who turns 18 would be considered. I think you have to be signed to a pro club before the rule comes into play.

Anyway it doesnt really matter, you dont need to register any player under the age of 21 so if they are homegrown or not before then doesnt really matter.

youth players join your club from another club, so they have to be at your club for 3 years before being considered homegrown by your club. Does the FIFA rule state that amature or youth clubs count? I dont think juvenile clubs count when looking at home grown status, could be wrong tho. I dont think it counts here in Britain, if it did every youth player you have who turns 18 would be considered. I think you have to be signed to a pro club before the rule comes into play.

Anyway it doesnt really matter, you dont need to register any player under the age of 21 so if they are homegrown or not before then doesnt really matter.

For domestic competition it doesn't matter what FIFA/UEFA say, as the local FA have some leeway on that.

As far as I can tell, in Sweden there's a 50% quota of HG (in nation OR club) players in the squad/lineup, so having the youth players counting toward that quota is fundamental in some cases. So it is a big deal, because registration isn't optional as in EPL, but it's mandatory.

If Sven Svensson is 18 and has joined your AIK club last summer, coming from a local Stockholm side, he should be HG in nation already, while he'll be HG for AIK in two seasons.

But he's HG as soon as he turns 18, assuming he has been playing somewhere since age 15

That's the same mistake SI kept on making for the Norwegian league... and it's been brought up in the bugs forum for years...

But does it take non professional clubs into account? If im wrong im wrong ill easily hold my hands up and say so, i just didnt think it took youth/juvenile clubs into account.

The aforementioned rule just states "a swedish club", and the registration process (into a database called FOGIS) applies to any player over the age of 15 if he has to play in any kind of match under SvFF jurisdiction.

So I guess any affiliated club counts, regardless of the status.

The aforementioned rule just states "a swedish club", and the registration process (into a database called FOGIS) applies to any player over the age of 15 if he has to play in any kind of match under SvFF jurisdiction.

So I guess any affiliated club counts, regardless of the status.

Kind of similar here, players have to sign contracts when playing for Juvenile clubs, but then that doesnt seem to go towards your home-grown status, in this country at least.

The information in brackets when you get the regens come in is where they're born, so it's pointless cosmetic data- though fun if you want an all-hometown team.

Archived