How to get my Assistant to do his job!

I don't understand why my assistant can't get my B team playing well with the players he has. He's in the past managed to take the team from the top half to the bottom half and back in a number of weeks. He's survived each time, despite it at points looking likely relegation was around the corner. Also, it seems that my players are getting too big for their boots in the Champions League, even the ones playing for Honved II in the second division. Two of them have demaned wage rises.

Some may want to leave and the Assistant has alienated one. How can I sack him for less?

Translated using Jibberish Translation software

Seriously though, why does my thread get closed by none of the others?

Also, it was a serious thread, just in... Well...

Maybe if you posted in a style that reads less like a scam e-mail from a Nigerian 'businessman' your threads may be more likely to stay open?

I thought it read more like an early 90s attempt at a chatterbot, but hey... If you want to give me your credit card details I'm not stopping you, though I would strongly advise against it.

I thought it read more like an early 90s attempt at a chatterbot, but hey... If you want to give me your credit card details I'm not stopping you, though I would strongly advise against it.

Your fairly likely not to be the only person to know those details if I were to give you them anyway, since I had them stored on my psn. :(

Assign another coach to manage the team and see if there is any difference

I have, they were even worse. I could probably win the first division, well at least last season... without the Super-Debrecen to deal with, with the squad that he has to play with. Oh well... I guess I'll just have to manage them here and there to keep them up.

Nigel Gibbs, fairly good, National and Fairly Professional.

In other news Nigel Gibbs leads Honved II to the Semi Final of the Magyarkupa... Honved II are also 4th in the league.

Right when I get annoyed at him he goes and turns it all around!

Seriously though, why does my thread get closed by none of the others?

Also, it was a serious thread, just in... Well...

Do you mean THIS thread?

It was probably closed because it made absolutely no sense at all. I read it and thought it was Yoda having a conversation with himself. I honestly checked the date to make sure it wasnt May 4th and a was a windup Star Wars joke.

Nigel Gibbs, fairly good, National and Fairly Professional.

In other news Nigel Gibbs leads Honved II to the Semi Final of the Magyarkupa... Honved II are also 4th in the league.

Right when I get annoyed at him he goes and turns it all around!

<a  href=http://img852.imageshack.us/img852/3488/nigelgibbs.png' alt='nigelgibbs.png'> Uploaded with ImageShack.us/IMG]

Stand off pressing and Very cautious playing mentality may explain this.

Do you mean THIS thread?

It was probably closed because it made absolutely no sense at all. I read it and thought it was Yoda having a conversation with himself. I honestly checked the date to make sure it wasnt May 4th and a was a windup Star Wars joke.

Hahaha! Actually, I was just going with the flow on the board that day. There had been several threads that made just about as much sense, so I thought I may as well get in on the action. A few other people left like joining in too it seemed. Anyhow...

...back to good ol' Nigel, this is the chappy in my game:

nigelgibbs.jpg

Though, I feel a tad guilty as I've just robbed him of his best striker; Doctor Khumalo! A big ol' forward who's scored 11 in 18 appearances this season for Honved II. I brough him in as a "developement player".

The idea of having a developement squad came out due to how Nigel Clough manages at Derby, or did... Essentially I bring in some number (last season I got 5) of young African players on long term deals. They are to play for Honved II either until they are a target on another club, over 22 (due to B team rules) or prove themselves worthy. So far Doctor Khumalo is the first and his debut, whilst not covering himself with glory, was certaily a glorious occasion!

Honved, still having delusions of stunning Europe [...or not...] faced off in the second leg of their Champions League round of 16 clash against Atletico Madrid. The first leg was certainly an interesting match. We went into the half equal at 1-1. Shortly after Kagabo scored a stunning goal to send up 2-1 up. It came to the 80th minute and we looked like we could make it out of Madrid with a lead, however it was not meant to be and they would power two late goals in to win 3-2.

We were down, but certainly not out. We'd destroyed some big fish this season at home, but this was to be the hardest yet. It started well, Koman scoring within 5 minutes in dominant fashion. We'd make it to the half 1-0 and leading on away goals. We looked set for a dramatic second half. It was the 70 minute when my keeper Rene decided that being good wasn't for him anymore, as he let a simple goal in, though from the protests of my players and the media it would seem that he was fouled. On comes Doctor Khumalo, if nothing else to strengthen us at the top end, we'd been looking a tad weak (literally!) going forward. 80th minute, Khumalo goes down on the edge of the box. Freekick, sadly... Though it didn't matter, Ziad's freekick was deflected heavily by the wall and it was 2-1! Khumalo then did his job, beasting around and keeping the ball for us. They can't score if we have it down their end and all! The whistle went and I could barely believe it, Honved are through! I can hardly say Doctor Khumalo saved the day, but boy did he help! So yeah... I think I got off topic. Anyhow, Marseilles is coming up next! Let's see if Nigel can get anymore of these young'uns playing!

Archived