Unjustified sacking

Just won the League Two title with Oxford United, collecting 101 points and performing well above my media prediction of 15th. I began the league one season, and was unbeaten after three games, then out of nowhere, I discover i've been sacked :confused: what has happened?

It's been one of the most enjoyable games i've had aswell! andyp that might be the answer, and maybe in future FMs the board could give you a reason when sacking you instead of announcing it out of the blue?

Id like to add that this is one excellent reason for having the OPTION to not be fired.

Just like that real life option... oh wait. I'd agree that those are shocking decisions but I'm completely against that sort of option.

Then no one is forcing you to use that option.

Its a rubbish idea though. Its a game that strive's to be realistic.

I'm sure there has been some shocking sackings over the years but I cant think of any off hand, I do agree that it would be good to get a reason for sackings. Maybe a conversation with the board.

I'm sure there has been some shocking sackings over the years but I cant think of any off hand, I do agree that it would be good to get a reason for sackings. Maybe a conversation with the board.

If its a rubbish option then this is a rubbish game. The realism ends when the 18 year old takes over as Barca manager.

The point of this and any game is to try to provide as much fun for as many people as possible. Having features optional allows more people to enjoy their gaming experience. And it forces no one to use what they think is rubbish.

Happened to me as well.Led Dorchester Town to the Blue Square Premier title,then by August 30th,i was sacked!!.My job standing was SECURE just a day before!.

I was sacked on August 30th as well funnily enough.

A conversation with the board is what I was thinking as well. IRL does a manager get sacked without explanation? I could at least be told why they were sacking me instead of coming in one day with my stuff lying outside the front entrance. :p

i can only suggest you get onto Neil brock tell him of this issue and upload the save for them to look at because this seems stupid. however i remember being man city on FM08 Thaskin Shinawatra used to sack me for nothing all the time it drove me up the wall. once he didnt give me a new contract after winning 3 premier league titles and 2 champions leagues in my first 4 years. i gave up after that

Have you patched your game?

This was an issue in an earlier version where another manager would declare an interest in your job and you would be sacked in favour of the other manager. Usually due to your contract having <1 season to run gave them the opportunity to declare interest.

Archived