Becoming a team full of foreign regens.

Im currently into season 2017/2018 with Tottenham. Just won the league for the first time after years of going close. Scored 107 goals and got a great team.

BUT! I now have a team that I could put out completely of regens and only 1 english regen. I simply cannot find any decent regens that are English.

I have an argentinian regen keeper. French left back. 2 brazilian centre backs. brazilian rigth back. French right winger, french left winger(and a pole!) 2 argentinian cente midfielders. French attacking midfielder, and an awesome French striker(and an italian one too)

I do have an english regen striker, but he isnt anywhere near as good as the other 2 regens ive got. I really struggle to find any english, or even British!

Most are south american and French!

I feel im turning into the new Arsene Wenger! haha

Did i do something wrong when I set my game up, is it conincidence, or is this a known problem with the game?

Cheers in advance.

Just bad luck by the sounds of it. I couldn't find any on my game until 2022 then there was loads of them. You should just scout around English youth competition and check the England national youth team every so often.

I do do that, but when the scouts come back, they are just not good enough. Im sort of into the next stage of recruiting. Getting regens to back up my regens. Ill have a team full of them soon, Luckily the ones that play I brought to the club when like 16-18 so they will qualify to be trained at club or nation before long

I always find brilliant english players.. When I finally won the CL and PL with my leeds team in 202X (cant remember precisely) I had 5 english players in my starting lineup.. 3 were my own regens and the other I had brought in at 16-17. I think I had 3-4 other english regens in my squad and then 10+ good talents in my reserve/youth team..a couple of which were likely to become very very good.

However, the VERY best players and rarely english. My AMC performed FANTASTICALLY and was english, but his stats were not THAT good.. Then I had like 5-6 brazilians with amazing stats and then one turk/dutch player.. which was by far the best player in that game! World player of the Year 6 times in a row :)

I've got just one english player in 2023 at Truro.

truro2023.jpg

Seem to mostly find south americans. Heck, Julio Dessena is Argentinian who for some reason decided to play for italy, and Nem is Brazillian-born who decided to play for Italy too. So the vast majority of my team speak either spanish or portugese as a first language (actually, Julio didn't even speak Italian before he got his first cap for italy, which seems bizarre to me, yes.. I'll play for a country I don't know the language for, rather than play for my home country).

I think this is one of the national traits that SI added to the game. Technically, England (Britain, really) lags behind a lot of European and South American countries because youth football is based on physicality and winning rather than becoming technically proficient. Thus when the fastest teenager doesn't get any faster or the tallest twelve year old stops growing at 5ft tall, they're unable to then develop into technically good players. The game is just reflecting that.

In saying that though, I've found some success with a threesome of agricultural English centre backs. Technically poor, but they can tackle, head and aren't too slow.

Archived