My board just accepted an offer for my star defender on my behalf...

They bid £200k plus incentives for him, and so I told them to give the max I could ask for...

...they apparently thought he was worth it!

I was licking my lips for a second until I realised that they aren't even worth a fraction of the money they offered!

That's bit crazy I thought the most you could ask for was 200 million up front and the maximum monthly payments.

On a side note how are you finding managing Honved? always thought of managing them.

That's bit crazy I thought the most you could ask for was 200 million up front and the maximum monthly payments.

On a side note how are you finding managing Honved? always thought of managing them.

That's what it was. I can't see what the exact offer was because the board accepted it, but the "offer" that I ask them for was:

£200 mil upfront

£200 mil over 48 months

£200 mil when he plays a game

£200 mil when he plays an international game

£200 mil when he scores ten goals

£25 mil over 50 matches

+50% of next sale

...and a friendly!

Honved are fairly interesting. I spend most of my time scouting African clubs, as Hungry treat them as "EU". So their "no more than 5 EU players" thing doesn't really matter. I have a squad now of hungry young african players who are just beasting about in Hungary. Though this season I am still second to Debrecen after 17 matches having won 14 and drawn 3!

Yes doing that is actually a cheat. It is easy bankrupting other clubs by exploiting some wobbly programming regarding those clauses.

...rightyo mate...

Speaking of not being a git though, I originally thought that my board accepted a lesser offer, until I saw the extra 3 zeros. Was slightly annoying in the end though when it turned out that they didn't even have a fraction of the money they bid.

Yes doing that is actually a cheat. It is easy bankrupting other clubs by exploiting some wobbly programming regarding those clauses.

Bit quick to jump on the 'it's a cheat!' bandwagon!

I am convinced this is a probably a one off, and even if every club comes back and accepts the £1b bid, none of the transfers would go through due to no teams having the money to afford it.

Wasn't the clauses cheat or exploit on previous fm's only possible without an up front fee? I remember being able to sell players for nothing plus 40 million after an cap or even after a few appearances.

I have a squad now of hungry young african players who are just beasting about in Hungary.

Someone should take these children off him :)

That’s interesting that Hungary treat Africans as EU nationals. Is this the whole of Africa, might persuaded me to give them a go.

Archived