International management

I lost 3 games in two seasons and won two quadruples at club level. I then took over England and have really struggled using the same tactics and ideas as I did at club level. I just don't get it. I've won one game in five, losing two and I know it takes time for a team to gel but some of the performances and results have been shocking, like losing 2-0 to Northern Ireland without creating one ccc. The players I'm using are very good with pretty much the same stats and movement as I used for my club team, in fact, around 40% of my first team are actually from my club team so I'm not so sure why they would struggle to gel or with the formation, and for the record, the formation is 80% fluid and 20% accomplished. I let the ass man deal with press conferences, his motivation is 18 and his ideas are the same as the way my team plays football which has never failed me before in a long long time of playing FM.

I just can't understand what is going wrong so I decided to save the game and improve some players stats, in a friendly, to see if they would play better. I lost the friendly 1-0 to the Ivory Coast and the players had an absolute shocker. I'm now completely out of ideas.

Is International management much harder? Do you have to do things very differently? Any suggestions are welcome.

I think what makes it harder is that at club level, you can get a bit of a run going and keep morale high by winning quite often. Games don't come around so often at international level, so its harder to get that with the players.

It might be worth doing team talks yourself for a while and see if things improve. If you're against a team you think you should be comfortably, demand a win or a performance from the players. I've always found myself doing that far more often at international level than club.

I do my own team talks which I've been doing for a long time and it's never failed me so far so I don't believe thats the problem.

It's a shame there isn't a lot more interaction at International level with the players.

Do you know if morale, when on International duty, is the morale they bring from there club? Or is it only to do with Internationals?

well you're not according to your own post: "I let the ass man deal with team talks".. ;)

However, I tend to find international management easier than club level..

well you're not according to your own post: "I let the ass man deal with team talks".. ;)

However, I tend to find international management easier than club level..

Sorry, my mistake. I was supposed to say press conferences.

I'll give it a few more games and see how it goes.

Edit - One more thing, do you lose reputation when resigning and losing a couple of games as an International manager? My reputation is now continental but I'm sure it was world class before taking the England job.

So you can be in the hall of fame after winning a couple of quadruples in one of the best leagues in the world and not be world class?

Edit - How do I find the hall of fame again?

Archived