Help me understand something

Hi. Just a quick question:

How do these patches really work? I want to start a career as low a reputation level as I can get. I have my 11.3 patch installed, and if I start with the 11.3 database, I am given a job offer from the Portugal lower leagues almost immediately, starting unemployed, whereas if I start with my default database (I want to start playing with the squads of July 2010, not with all the January transfers made already - Torres at L'pool, not at Chelsea, for example) I can't get an offer until in winter, despite having my 11.3 patch installed (which I know was meant to solve this problem).

So, choosing the database affects the employment system? I hoped that by having the patch installed, I could start with any database I'd like and still get offers. This is really getting on my nerve, and I would like someone to explain why is this happening, or why my logic doesn't work.

Cheers!

Well the default database is based on July 2010 in real life when most clubs have managers and will give them a chance before sacking them. The 11.3 database is based on January 2011 and probably in real life there are more clubs looking for a manager with possibly more also under pressure.

I understand your point and actually thought of that myself, but it doesn't seem to be the case, as the club that hired me was without manager in both situations.

Hope to hear some other thoughts on this.

I just checked and it seems I remembered incorrectly. The club did have a manager with the default database, so couldn't hire me. Thank you both for your replies.

This brings me to the next question though... Is it THAT hard to find a club willing to hire me with the default database? I'm currently in January 2011 and still holliday-ing in search for a club. I hope I won't be made to wait too much longer.

Archived