I think the game wanted me to lose this match

Not a rant but i have to get this match out of my system somehow. It if was somebody else's game I would laugh at the misfortune.

I'm playing as AFC Wimbledon away at Crawley. I decide to play with wide midfielders on support to help combat the aerial threat from their striker. The first half is even then in the 44th minute my striker gets injured from a late challenge and has to be replaced. After 65 still at 0-0 a second player is injured and has to go off. I replace him and my central midfielder flirting with a red card thinking that must be the end of injuries. I have more attacking players on now and I am beginning to dominate possession. After 81 minutes I get a penalty, which my top goalscorer puts so wide it almost hits the corner flag. Two minutes later my defensive central midfielder gets injured in a challenge and has to go off, leaving me with ten men. I instantly know I am going to lose the game 1-0 and sure enough, in stoppage time a hopeful punt into my box connects with their striker.

Three injuries and a missed penalty. I think I have just been Redknapped and I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Archived