New start-up not the same!

I've had computer problems & had to download Steam & 2011 again. I'm not happy with new 'look' game.

The version I have now shows no player ID pictures, no national flags. Looks very dull & plain. How can I get them back?

The type is also much smaller. Any way to increase type size?

Worse of all, when selecting match tactics format, (4-5-1. 4-4-2, etc.) I can't alter the individual positions to 'attack', 'support' etc. like I used to do. I have to accept how the positions play by default & just alter the team tactics. Can anyone help me here?

Apprec. any input from you!

The options for Player IDs etc are under preferences somewhere. You can reset the whole lot by deleting your cache files - it's somewhere like

c:/users/[your user name]/appdata/roaming/sports interactive/

Just delete the whole Fm11 folder. The path will be slightly different if you are on windows XP, and you may have to show hidden folders to see the appdata folder. Make sure you aren't running the game while you delete. This should reset any preferences and reset your skin etc.

Really appreciate your advice Bigdunk, but what you suggest is way, way, too complicated for a compupoop like I am.

It's annoying when the new game downloads with worse features than the original had.

Any idea how to adjust the positions into defend, support, attack? It was a simple right click originally, now a right click does nowt!

The right click thing sounds like a bug to me. Clearing your cache should fix it. It's honestly not that complicated - the instructions from SI on how to do it are in this thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/233554-Football-Manager-2011-FAQ?p=6066653&viewfull=1#post6066653

Give it a go, and if you still can't get it to work, you'd be better off posting in the technical support forums, as they'll have a better idea what to do in there.

Archived