Games in hand not taken into account

Why is games in hand not taken into account when assessing the teams performance by both players and the board?

Having won the carling cup with Leeds and therefore getting qualification to the europa league, I have a very congested fixture, given I am still in the Championship. the current expectation is for me to win the championship.

Now I am have played 8 league games, while the rest have played 11 apart from 3 others who have played 10. I am sitting in 11th place, yet if I were to win the 3 games in hand I would be leading the league by a point.

Yet the board are very disappointed in our league position, I have a player who has complained to me about my poor management due to our league position (this is not a player I've ever had an issue with or been unhappy before) and subsequently handed in a transfer request, in fact I also have another player who isn't even in my side, he is currently on loan at another club who complained about my management due to our league position?? Luckily he backed off in the meeting.

Basically two ridiculous issues being the fact games in hand don't get acknowledged at all and the board and players react in ridiculous ways, plus a player out on loan who isn't even at the club complaining to me about my management. How would he know when he hasn't even been at the club??

This is ****ing ridiculous. I now have three players who have put in transfer requests, with a total of 6 players complaining about my management due to table position, and another 2 unhappy on top of the 3 that requested transfers. Im 11th with 3 games in hand and not even a quarter through the season for ****s sake.

And in the Premier League Kenny Dalglish is being threatened with the sack because Liverpool are 10th after 6 games. 6 ****ing games!! Not only is the games in hand thing screwed, not to mention having players not at the club commenting on your management skills, but clearly there is a massive overreaction in-game to results in a small sample size. It's pretty ridiculous at this stage.

This is ****ing ridiculous. I now have three players who have put in transfer requests, with a total of 6 players complaining about my management due to table position, and another 2 unhappy on top of the 3 that requested transfers. Im 11th with 3 games in hand and not even a quarter through the season for ****s sake.

And in the Premier League Kenny Dalglish is being threatened with the sack because Liverpool are 10th after 6 games. 6 ****ing games!! Not only is the games in hand thing screwed, not to mention having players not at the club commenting on your management skills, but clearly there is a massive overreaction in-game to results in a small sample size. It's pretty ridiculous at this stage.

Also a little bit of an overreaction in real life as well to a game lol.

To be honest though does seem a bit strange. How did you handle the private talks with the players? Did they react well or not? Also what are the players mentalities? Are they outspoken/volatile/etc?

Also a little bit of an overreaction in real life as well to a game lol.

To be honest though does seem a bit strange. How did you handle the private talks with the players? Did they react well or not? Also what are the players mentalities? Are they outspoken/volatile/etc?

The thing is this is potentially game breaking.

Because I now have 4 games in hand on other teams in the championship, even if I win a most of my games I am still going to be around mid table throughout the season until I catch up. And looking at my fixture, because I have Europa League games, I am only going to fall further behind in games in the league.

Basically it says to me that I have to win almost all my games or risk getting the sack, or having half my team request transfers or be unhappy. Even if I do win most games these look likely to happen.

As for the player talks, I am firm, I don't let players walk over me, but I don't choose antagonistic responses either. The frustrating thing is that there is no option to basically tell them that there is no issue with our league position and we are not underachieving. Even the least antagonistic responses seem like a cop out and admitting there is a problem, but choosing to ignore it.

So basically it seems my game is ruined, as I am only going to fall more games behind with the run of europa league games, and despite doing fairly well results wise with the games I've played (5 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss from 9 games) I sit 10th with most other sides having played 12 or 13 games. I probably need to purposely lose in the europa league, so going further in the competition doesn't make me fall further behind regards to games in hand.

For me this is a game breaking bug, and I'm surprised more people haven't experienced it.

i feel your pain bud, one thing that has always annoyed me is the situation with games in hand/pottentially untrue league position because of games in hand/players complaining about manager performance, not sure what could be done though

The obvious way to SIgames to fix this is to have the fans and board react to the table AS IF your number of games were played by all teams. The data is already there, all they need to do is check what the table was after all teams had played 8 league games. Silly little bug to be honest :p

This used to be a terrible bug, I used to dread having games in hand but it seemed to be abit better last few fms. Maybe its back again this year.

Archived