Setting up friendlies

Does anyone else think setting up friendlies in this game is clunky and also hard? It's a massive waste of time trying to setup friendlies.

Not only is it annoying to search for teams, but there's no indication whether a team is likely to accept, so a whole lot of time is wasted sending out invitations to clubs to fill the pre-season. For me this sucks the fun out of it. Usually I have to select teams far worse than mine to guarantee acceptance.

I understand you can setup the assistant manager to automatically create friendlies for you each season, but the function should be better, especially if you want to setup pre-season cup or league competitions.

Also these days a lot of clubs, particularly in England are setting up friendlies for their reserve and under 18's sides, due to the fact there is a ridiculously small number of games played per season in these leagues, which limits the development of their youth players. Setting up friendlies with other reserve or under 18 sides during the season is pretty much impossible.

This function needs to be improved significantly IMO.

It was mentioned a couple of years ago that SI should introduce a friendly template. Especially for lower league and reserve/youth sides. Especially those sides with no scheduled matches at all. Its so simple to program and would save so much player time.

Archived