How about making player interactions NOT 100% contraditory.

So just finished a match against a much stronger team, was annoyed with my defenders all playing absolutely terribly, they all had between 5.8 and 5.2 ratings.

So gave them the standard talks, then I decided to experiment with something. Because I saw a players morale go up after a fine I right clicked either of them in the squad screen and gave all of them 2 weeks fine... ever single one of them had their morale -INCREASE-.

Then I continue the game and I end up with 5 news items saying the fines were unfair and 3 of them had unhappy conversations provoked by it.

So why in the hell is the morale going up?

I'm sorry but it's so utterly silly and obvious I don't get how you let this stuff in game SI.

I don't know why I bother but it's just so mind numbingly stupid to see complete contradictions like that and they are all over the interaction system but that's the most obvious I've yet to see.

Neither have I tbh.

Aside from that you do realise what you just did don't you. You played a stronger team, so you were not favourites to win. And, you got beat, which was probably expected, as such they fulfilled their own expectations. So your course of action, is to hand out the most serious of fines (usually reserved for violence & AWOL) because your defenders played badly in a match they were expecting to lose. Don't quite follow that logic, but hey it's your game so play how you will.

As to your question, why the increase in morale?

The morale going up is more than likely due to the fact that, even though the match expectation was not high( being a stronger opponent), nonetheless, they should have performed better. As such, they expected to be disciplined, which you did, so morale increases. However, what they are objecting to is the severity of the discipline, so now unhappy again.

I had a guy complain that I'd warned him for getting a 3.8 (!), the lowest rating I'd seen in my current 30 season save, and the next day he was happy as can be.

Probably worth bringing this up in the bugs forum Martyr, as there does seem to be a bug in there somewhere.

I had a guy complain that I'd warned him for getting a 3.8 (!), the lowest rating I'd seen in my current 30 season save, and the next day he was happy as can be.

Probably worth bringing this up in the bugs forum Martyr, as there does seem to be a bug in there somewhere.

Stuart Fleetwood moans every time I warn or fine him but he's rarely unhappy, he has not instigated a private chat over a fine or a warning in just over 2 seasons and he doesn't 'dislike' me or anything.. I wonder if it's just an ego thing?

Player interaction is just dumb, and the main reason why I'm not playing a lot of FM11 anymore.

I told a guy I was demoting him to the reserve team, he went, "I probably deserve that to be honest". I hit continue, next thing that pops up on my news screen is the player being unhappy at being dropped to reserves.

There are a handfull of inconsistencies like this in player interaction. It doesn't feel worked out and imo SI have done a really really sub-par job with this new feature. I can only hope it works better in the next game :l

Archived