What the hell is this? (Player getting worse for no reason)

0490be692342e7a91cf34cc29f5b676b.JPG

The man is 27 yet he has dropped four important stats recently! As you can see, he has 17 determination. His ambition is also

My training facilities are world class, the lowest rating I have is 4/5 stars, and his morale has been superb or very good all season.

What the hell is going on? I thought I'd get at least another 3 years out of him. Now I have to sell him. It's unbelievable.

Natural fitness of 9, means he won't have a long career at the top. Whats his professionalism? Depending upon how many games you have used him in he may simply need some rest from training & a gentler schedule to accomodate the fact he isn't as fit as other top level players.

Being ambitious doesn't guarantee you'll work hard in training, neither does determination. Being ambitious means he wants to play at the top level (being able to or not is a different matter) and determination is more to do with his attitude out on the pitch than in training.

Tell him off for poor training performance. Give it a couple of months and there's a chance he'll improve.

Already done that.

And no, he hasn't been injured.

Does Natural Fitness affect development? He's only played 30 games,

His professional is average.

Being ambitious doesn't guarantee you'll work hard in training, neither does determination. Being ambitious means he wants to play at the top level (being able to or not is a different matter) and determination is more to do with his attitude out on the pitch than in training.

Are you sure. Most things I've read say they are the two things that count the most.

Natural fitness does affect development as well as how soon & rapid a player goes into decline. Being overworked in a period of time could well lead to something like this, and training schedules may also be at fault as Cougar says. Technique, crossing & composure are more attack minded abilities, so your training in those regards may not be enough to sustain them. Also with the loss of pace it may not be enough training for that, or too much of the physical side.

I'll bet you have him on a defending training scheme and this will be redistributing his CA points.

Over the next few weeks/months you'll see some of his defending attributes increase to use up those points.

This. Unless the players attributes keep declining while no other attributes goes up over time there is no need to worry.

I'll bet you have him on a defending training scheme and this will be redistributing his CA points.

Over the next few weeks/months you'll see some of his defending attributes increase to use up those points.

No. He is on a Full Back scheme, that emphasizes the bloody stats hes lost! He even has an individual focus on Quickness so god knows why his pace has gone down

Average professionalism & low natural fitness could well mean your player may already be in the start of decline. He is only 27 but a lazy attitude towards training means you need to either crack down on it or find the right balance. It won't be a dramatic decline, but he might simply be on his way out.

No. He is on a Full Back scheme, that emphasizes the bloody stats hes lost! He even has an individual focus on Quickness so god knows why his pace has gone down

Post up a screenshot of the training scheme I'll still bet some areas get more focus than others.

Crossing is part of Attacking

Technique is part of Ball Control

Composure is part of Shooting

Jumping & Pace are both part of Aerobic

Unless you have a scheme where each of the seven areas are getting equal training you will see redistribution of CA points.

Post up a screenshot of the training scheme I'll still bet some areas get more focus than others.

Crossing is part of Attacking

Technique is part of Ball Control

Composure is part of Shooting

Jumping & Pace are both part of Aerobic

Unless you have a scheme where each of the seven areas are getting equal training you will see redistribution of CA points.

Shooting is on almost 0, and I dont care about composure, so that explains that. OK.

Next lowest is Strength. Oh, but look! No strength stuff has gone down. Probably my tactics.

All the rest of the stuff is near enough equal. Aerobic is 2nd highest though, and as I said, I have individual focus on Quickness. So why has his pace gone down?!

Had a similar problem with one of my defenders recently. Been with the club for over two years and, for some reason, this past season his attributes took a hit several times. Each time I had a private chat with him and let him know that he was in danger of losing his place on the team (I just released him after the latest decline) and he promised to do better. He's only 21 or 22 and nowhere near his max PA (1 1/2 CA, 3 star PA and I've seen his ratings in the DB) but he just started to tank, even in the atts that he specifically was training in!

I see attributes as how a player does in training, while form is how he performs in an actual match. If he does better in training, his attributes will increase, but that doesn't mean he'll play better in a match. Vice versa, he can do worse in training and his attributes drop, but that does not mean he'll play worse for your team either.

Tbh attributes should vary far more than they actually do. If someone can get better at passing, there's no reason why they can't go through a period of time where they get worse at passing.

Love this concept..how many players have career peaks and valleys?

I have seen those red arrows too, on players who still develops, plays regularly and well and should have no reason to have his attributes drop.

After a few weeks the arrows go away without any attribute drop.

So nothing to worry about.

He'll likely go back up over time... possibly it's due to the 'long hard season' they have over there in Italy.. :rolleyes:

I have a centre-back who lost a few vital stats towards the end of the season before last, over the course of the last season he regained most - especially the pace which (as he is 30yo) I was pleased about cos I thought that was gone for good... :)

Nothing to worry about if he is training well and playing well, just give him time...

Archived