training players so that the desired position rating is natural

once you have managed this can you take them off the position training or will they lose it?

if you play them in that position they will keep it... if you don't and they aren't retraining it they will lose it gradually..

It's a bit of a pain, actually...I've trained several players to "natural" and then taken them off of training, only to see them revert back to "accomplished" despite playing them at their new position. One player has been playing as a M/R for the past 2 1/2 years and worked his way up to natural; I took him off of the training and within a month he was back to "accomplished." What a joke! Checked it with FMRTE, and it looks like the problem is with the general position, and not the specific one. For example, even though the player in question had a 20 for M/R, he was only listed as a 12 for Midfield positions. Guess this means he'll have to spend the rest of his career spending 10% of his training focusing on his "new" position...

It's a bit of a pain, actually...I've trained several players to "natural" and then taken them off of training, only to see them revert back to "accomplished" despite playing them at their new position. One player has been playing as a M/R for the past 2 1/2 years and worked his way up to natural; I took him off of the training and within a month he was back to "accomplished." What a joke! Checked it with FMRTE, and it looks like the problem is with the general position, and not the specific one. For example, even though the player in question had a 20 for M/R, he was only listed as a 12 for Midfield positions. Guess this means he'll have to spend the rest of his career spending 10% of his training focusing on his "new" position...

This.

Highly frustrating and unrealistic aspect of FM. It would make sense if the player hasn't played in a position for years after becoming a natural there (e.g. Alan Smith at Newcastle can't play up front to save his life anymore and hasn't played there for years, despite being a striker for the majority of his career). But to lose it after becoming a natural at it despite continuing to play in that position is just silly.

Did a quick edit with FMRTE and changed the midfield rating to 20 as well. Month or so in and the player's still holding as a "natural." Annoying, to say the least. Who knew players had to keep training at a position they've spent years playing, lest they magically forget how to play?

Archived