FA silent over 'Steeper' Critisism....or warned over future conduct

Hi,

Has anyone noticed or does anyone know for sure if responding to these press stories influences your game in any way. Say for example im given a penalty and the other team are infuriated by the refs decision, by saying 'sounds like sour grapes' makes some members of the team think your a cocky t**t, and by saying they are right to feel aggrieved makes some of your playing staff believe you shouldnt be sticking up for the other team. Is there any point in responding?

The worst scenario is when the other team score a penalty that was as a result of a bubious decision, or that the ref failed to award you a penalty from what your player believed to be a solid shout for a penalty. You can check the replay all you like but there's no way of knowing if your 'little round dot' was impeded by the AI's 'little round dot' both with no legs at all??!?!

Is there any point in responding, the only result iv seen is the FA being silent over your critisism but obviously they cant give you the penalty or points back, or two you end up with a touchline ban. Does the decision you make result in any more leniancy or more efficient refereeing in future games or does nothing change and this feature is simply to bring reality into play?

As Alan Hansen would say, 'This brings us back to the argument about referees that have never played tha game at this level'. icon_biggrin.gif

i usually say the ref got it spot on. annoying the other team is a bad idea, especially when they have players you might want.

for some reason martin o'neill has a good relationship with me, maybe because his villa team inflicted my only defeat of 2009/10 and i praised him for it a little. obviously didn't have a negative effect on my team.

Originally posted by Rocknrollpear:

You can check the replay all you like but there's no way of knowing if your 'little round dot' was impeded by the AI's 'little round dot' both with no legs at all??!?!

read the match report and you can tell if it was indeed a mistake by the referee

Originally posted by andyinuk:

read the match report and you can tell if it was indeed a mistake by the referee

Not true. Definitive match reports are a must for FM09, because at the moment they remain vague and wrong. I've tried relying on the match reports, but the results are the same as guessing and you usually end up being fined. The FA even remained silent on one occasion despite the report saying the ref had got it right icon_confused.gif

Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andyinuk:

Not true. Definitive match reports are a must for FM09, because at the moment they remain vague and wrong. I've tried relying on the match reports, but the results are the same as guessing and you usually end up being fined. The FA even remained silent on one occasion despite the report saying the ref had got it right icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

really? I haven't yet encounter an mistake from the match report before. But then again i don't usually moan much about the ref, Hoping i would get in the referee's good book that way and get more decisions for me in future icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Das_Boof:

I found that when the ref gets it wrong, the commentary goes on and on about it...

eg:

"Player X is angry that the decision was allowed to stand"

"Do Team X have a right to feel aggrieved about incident Y?"

etc.

If the commentary says that and I comment on it, the FA always (seriously, I mean always) remain silent.

Originally posted by AB-forever:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Das_Boof:

I found that when the ref gets it wrong, the commentary goes on and on about it...

eg:

"Player X is angry that the decision was allowed to stand"

"Do Team X have a right to feel aggrieved about incident Y?"

Same.

etc.

If the commentary says that and I comment on it, the FA always (seriously, I mean always) remain silent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andyinuk:

Not true. Definitive match reports are a must for FM09, because at the moment they remain vague and wrong. I've tried relying on the match reports, but the results are the same as guessing and you usually end up being fined. The FA even remained silent on one occasion despite the report saying the ref had got it right icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I could be wrong, but I believe the match report is simply a record of the commentary... in which case, it's meant to represent a realistic commentary - not a transcript of the match. Therefore, it'd be pretty unrealistic for the commentary to be a sure-fire way of telling what happened.

Archived