FM11 Selling Players (again...)

Now first i'll point out that i feel selling players has improved greatly after the patch, but one thing ive noticed recently in a career save (didnt notice before as i never really had to sell my players before i moved from a successfull team) Is that when offering out players, i never get clubs meet my valuation, they almost ALWAYS offer exactly twice the amount, which in some cases is fine, but when a players sale price is valued higher than 2x his value its irratating that its all i get. I have a player rated at £7.25m, his valuation is £22.5M, and clubs are interested, Milan, Man U etc, yet when i offer him out, all i get is offers of £14.5M, and its a trend that had started to really irratate me. Occasionally one club will match but still, its incredibly difficult to sell players for what you would like. I had a player at my previous club worth around £9M, (european midfielder of the year), when i offered him out, got offered £18M, when i left, he was sold for £42m....

What?

Same with his teammate, worth £5m, offered out for £15M, got offers of £10m. I left, he was sold for £20m, another teammate who i only got offers of 10m for was sold for 28.5m, all immiediately after i left.

So again, what? Please tell me im not crazy and other people have noticed this

EDIT: Id also like to point out, i dont have a problem for paying over the odds for some players, as the computer is forced to do this against other AI, so i feel that balances out, nor do i have a problem with low offers for fringe players, its when the star players are being offered out, and i get a pittance being offered compared to AI that it starts to grate (that and its always 2x value)

(also just in case anyone is wondering, or if it has any bearing, im in 2038)

I haven't noticed this too much. Recently I offered Babacar our for £35m, and got an offer of £27.5m + 20% profit. The money was staggered, but it was probably a fair price considering he wanted to leave for a new challenge.

Similarly, I sold a backup keeper for £25 million, and Alexis Sanchez for a similar price. I imagine I could've got more had I not offered them out, they had been playing regular football, and teams were interested, but I feel those are fair prices.

However, that isn't to say it's odd that this is happening to you. Perhaps you should raise the fee to encourage higher offers?

Haven't had a problem at all with selling players. Recently offered out G Burdisso for £20 million, received multiple bids of £19.75 million and also offered out Abdullah Yasisen for £20 million and received a bid on the dot.

Trikstaa i thought it may have bene because of that, but then there is another problem that the AI rarely make offers of their own backs anyway, i always untick the "set player as transfer listed" box. Perhaps this is happening to me as all players are regen players? Im not sure, i never normally have a problem.

Archived