Is there any way to reduce the wage demands of a potential signing?

I have been targetting 2 players for almost 2 years each now, but I just can't sign them due to their 100K+ wage demands. I am looking for tips to get get them at a cheaper wage. Is there a player interactions I can use, can I just wiat for better timing, or is it just the way it is?

One of these 2, despite getting an offer from me of 95K/week decided to go sign with Sevlla for 52K/week and he has not nationality ties to Spain. (he plays in italy before signing)

Is there anything I am missing or that I can do to get players like this to lower their demands to sign with me? This guy I refer to above already had me as a preferred personnel, but still choose to go elsewhere.

If he wants a release clause that is unrealistic (for example 80m), reducing that to, say, 50 will greatly reduce his wage demands. Adding a release clause if he has not required one also helps, but this is a double-edged sword because sometimes he counterdemands and adjusting release clauses upwards is almost impossible.

I've no idea if it is true, but I've heard that by adjusting your budget all the way towards transfers (and not wages) the potential signing 'thinks' you can afford less and lowers their demands. As I said though, this may be rubbish.

Dafuge, I am not surprised by your comments because I think these players are asking for more due to the fact I have so much free wage room. When I didn't a bout a year ago, they wanted much less. Is it possible the game makes this happen to prevent human managers from becoming too strong? Also....this could explain why the player signed for another club at 52K when I offered him 95K.

Archived