Does FM11.3 have a major injury bug or is it just me?

Last 4/5 games I've had unreal luck with injuries. The last 2 have been the worst with 6 forced sub changes (4 in the first, 2 in the second) yet not a single booking for the opposition. I'd be interested in seeing a rib-breaking challenge that isn't at least a booking lol. Luckily my team is still scraping through despite 11 injuries & 3 players currently in the african cup of nations. It's not endemic but its certainly been plagueing this season, seems like hunting season is open on Stoke at the moment though in my save.

I'm in my first season with Derby and literally every match I'm having to replace at least one player cause of injury. Half my team are injured, and in one game I used all my substitutes just for injuries.

If its every match then I think its possibly something your doing. Try looking at your training schedules and adjust a bit. Having a couple of good fitness coaches might help (at least rated 17). I would also look at your tactics and perhaps play with less agressive tackling and maybe reduce the tenpo a bit and see if that helps.

Reasons for injuries:

If they occur during a match it's mainly bad luck - but you should look at your tactics - are you ordering your players to tackle too hard, run too much in hot/cold conditions, large pitch etc (injuries are more likely when condition is low)?

Not during matches - check training schedules are not too intense for the player (esp fitness schedules).

Two oft-overlooked areas:

Pre-season training: if you over-train or under-train at this stage it can have adverse effects later.

Natural Fitness is the key visible attribute (+ injury proneness as the hidden one) - check them (the latter through coach reports).

Another thing to notice is that the standard way to deal with fast, dribbling players in FM is to tackle hard "to scare them off keeping the ball". This of course makes your small, fast and weak but technical wingers/strikers more likely to be injured.

I always do pre-season training with my own program, and it definitely works! However, the first season of a game I never do this and that could explain the high chance of injuries people experience when they start a new game, if phnompenhandy is right.

Like others said, reducing your training load will noticeably reduce your injury rate.

With that said, the AI overuses murder-tackling against smaller players with little or no consequences. It's ridiculous how many yellows players get for light taps while injury-inflicting assaults are just ignored.

That sucks! Also, even in the case that there were too many injuries (which it doesn't appear to me to be the case at least) it shouldn't be called a bug. A bug is where something is happening in a way that it is not meant to. In this case it is just happening more than one would want.

Good luck with Derby by the way.

Archived