How to know what player training you should use?

Depends really. Intensive training is decent but it doesn't always get the best out of your players.

A player with a high Stamina stat will not need a high Fitness level in their training; likewise, a player with high Shooting, Heading etc (attacking attributes) won't NEED a high Attacking training level.

I'm not saying that it's bad to have the levels high anyway, it's just not necessary in some cases imo.

Although I think Marc posted somewhere that he would advise not using intensive, so I'm guessing it's coded into the game that your players get injured more frequently whilst on intensive, or something to that tune.

• SI Staff

If you over train players then they will get injured more frequently ... but worse still if you persist in doing this they may find themselves prone to more frequent breakdowns later on in life, even after you stop over-training them.

You WILL get warnings from both the players and your coaching staff if you're over-training players normally ... ignore these at your peril.

I have found that if you put GK on Gk, all defenders on defending, all midfielders on general and all strikers on attacking you wont go far wrong.

Results = minimal injuries, higher match condition and steady improvement. The best training for players out of you starting 11 is out on loan and just recall as when needed.

If you use all Intensive training, then you get the added bonus of selling your players at a younger age because they are about to break down (as Marc said). This means you get more money for them. Also you have to have a deeeeeeep roster to use intensive training. Most of the time if I buy a player who can't cope with the intensive training after a season or two I end up selling him for more than I paid for him anyway.

Archived