Is it just me or...

..do the players look really small relative to the pitch?? or maybe the pitch looks too big? Either way something seems out of proportion...am I the only one who has noticed this? Anyone else think the players should be a little bigger in the match engine?

I seem to remember someone from SI once saying that the players are represented to scale in the 3D view, but some of the other football games scale up the size of the players.

I doubt that is correct in elevated view. Watch any real footy match on TV and you get "elevated" view for most of it. Compare that with FM... the players are too small...

I doubt that is correct in elevated view. Watch any real footy match on TV and you get "elevated" view for most of it. Compare that with FM... the players are too small...

I watch quite a lot of football on TV, to me the elevated view looks too high up. I think the TV view is the closest to what you usually get on TV, which makes the players look a lot bigger.

Unless you mean those overhead cameras on wires that you get in some stadia, but those make the players look tiny in real life.

I seem to remember someone from SI once saying that the players are represented to scale in the 3D view, but some of the other football games scale up the size of the players.

This. I distinctly remember Miles explaining that other arcadey games make players much bigger than is realistic whereas FM strives to have them much more proportionate.

Mind you, I'm using the hidden 'big 3D'view for replays and love it; presumably it'll be introduced in FM12.

Archived