Does reputation help with lower league clubs?

Yes. Players are more likely and quickly to respect you.

This. I believe this is a crucial point because team talks seems to have less effect when you are unknown to the players, and players that aren't excited to play for you will more likely underperform. It seems to me that team morale will be poorer if you start out with poor reputation, but I haven't really checked if this is true.

Yes. I gave myself dual Scottish/Cambodian nationality with an international past (I intended it to be I represented Cambodia but the game doesn't distinguish the nation). I'm sure it influences the players listening to me in team and private talks, and players choosing to sign for the club.

I used to pick english/spanish nationality so I could sign all spains good youngsters and have the extra scouting knowlege and language but decided a couple of years ago it might be sort of cheating so stopped doing it.

It definately helped.

As previous stated, the higher your reputation, the more likely players are going to respond to your instructions.

Also, when signing players, if a player has a choice of two clubs in the same league with similar reputations, he may be more like to sign for your team as the manager has a higher standing/reputation than the other team.

So in short, yes you will get an advantage over the other teams in the leagues.

Archived