Bit of a dilemma.

Just thought I would post to see if anyone here has any ideas to my problem that I have on my current game.

I'm in the year 2015 and in charge of Barcelona and Lionel Messi's contract is set to expire in a year, but he refuses to negotiate anything near what I can offer.

He's currently on 275k a week and his latest demands are 400k a week which far exceeds the maximum of 275k I can offer.

So I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas of what to do, either keep trying to negotiate and hope he accepts at some point (His agent now hates me due to the amount of contracts offered) or do I keep him and have one more season and then just let him go on a free, Or, do I just try and flog him off while I can still get a decent price for him?

Any help would be great!

Just thought I would post to see if anyone here has any ideas to my problem that I have on my current game.

I'm in the year 2015 and in charge of Barcelona and Lionel Messi's contract is set to expire in a year, but he refuses to negotiate anything near what I can offer.

He's currently on 275k a week and his latest demands are 400k a week which far exceeds the maximum of 275k I can offer.

So I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas of what to do, either keep trying to negotiate and hope he accepts at some point (His agent now hates me due to the amount of contracts offered) or do I keep him and have one more season and then just let him go on a free, Or, do I just try and flog him off while I can still get a decent price for him?

Any help would be great!

sell him to get money in for him.

Thanks for the replys!

Not really into using FMRTE so that's outta the question, and I offered his agent 8m in fee's and he still wouldn't go below 400k.

But I did try and offer him to clubs and no one was interested what so ever so it looks like I'll just have to leave his contract run out and take it from there.

Thanks for the help though!

Well I did try and convert my £74m transfer budget into wages and I could still only offer him £275k, and the board won't even give me the option to increase my wage budget. I did have Messi tutour Jack Wilshere not long ago and he looks pretty much set to replace him so I should be ok without him.

Lazaru5 wrote

Does this come up does it? Never seen it before.

well having never had cause to use it I don't know under which circumstances it might be available but it is an option in private chat>>transfer status

Give him a massive signing bonus. You'll need to give him around 4-6 million quid for each year of the contract above his base signing bonus demand in order to make it up, so probably 15 million + his base demand in signing bonus for a 3 year deal.

Archived