Iphone match engine

Hi marc,i was wondering would it be possible for more 2d highlights put into a match and also match text for example i usually play the game at fast setting and most matches there quite a few moments through every match where its just like watching the bar moving at the bottom with no text etc,it would be nice to have more involvment with details to feel more hands on in the game.

Thanks ;)

• SI Staff

The FMH 2d match engine has been continually evolving since it was first implemented and will continue to do so in the future, please do bear in mind however that unlike FM PC where there are people on the team dedicated to just working on the match - on FMH we are balancing between updating all the components of the game because the team is far smaller ... as such please bear with us, we love the game as much as anyone and will keep striving to improve it :D

The FMH 2d match engine has been continually evolving since it was first implemented

Tbh Marc, I can't see any difference from FMH 2009 (when it was first implemented) to now. Always the same, boring highlights. Even on extended the highlights last for a maximum of 5 seconds.

• SI Staff
Tbh Marc, I can't see any difference from FMH 2009 (when it was first implemented) to now. Always the same, boring highlights. Even on extended the highlights last for a maximum of 5 seconds.

If you're talking about the PSP match engine - that hasn't changed since FMH 2010 I'm afraid (although FMH 2011 PSP does include some match engine tweaks from FMHi 2010) - the recent match engine changes have been solely on the iPhone because the two diverged when I added player roles into the engine.

(hope that made sense)

• 2 weeks later...

I like the iPhone match engine. I really don't have the time to play the full PC game any more, as I'm getting old and the damn family expect me to spend some time with them.......

On the train on the work today, I burst out laughing at one highlight. I had a corner, (the text seems to never quite be in sync with the action, either?), the commentary went something like...

"x drifts the corner in, central defender heads it to winger, who advances..."

That wasn't too bad. Except the 2d display showed a corner coming over, my defender heading it to my winger........who was standing on MY OWN GOAL LINE right next to my keeper (yep, a 100 yard header), who then dribbled the ball approximately 70 yards with the other side backing off, before lashing a shot wide... :)

Now THAT'S what I call a set play!

I like the iPhone match engine. I really don't have the time to play the full PC game any more, as I'm getting old and the damn family expect me to spend some time with them.......

Same problem here! This bug needs serious fixing Marc! ;)

Other funny thing about the commentary/2D match sync is that whenever the commentary says "the keeper dives to his right" you actually see the goalie moving to the left :)

I have to say that I also like the match engine. It has a good balance of text and 2D view which is in keeping with the whole idea of having a 'light' and 'portible' version of the game.

Although a minor'ish issue, the text and 2D view does not always sync and it would be nice to have some extra 2D annimations for added variety e.g. seeing lobs and chips. I remember seeing the first version of the 2D view back in the CM days and thinking how great it was. Seeing the ball lobbed over the keeper from 20 yards, performed even by dots, is something to enjoy!

I've also had some unusual moments in the 2D view. A couple of attacks have resulted in my attackers being in excellent goal scoring positions only for them to pass the ball all the way back into my half for a defender to attempt a 70 yard goal. Of course they never score.

Archived