Threading

Wasnt sure where to stick this query but here goes...

Under "Preferences" I noticed that there was a box ticked called Threading- I have an i7 processor and apparently its good at threading. What exactly does this mean and will this option improve the performance of FM 2011 on my system?

It's basically like having an extra pair of arms to do more things at once, although you need to have enough energy to wave both pairs around. For some tasks, it is quicker to use one pair of hands; for a lot of tasks, it is better to break the task up into smaller ones, and use more pairs of hands.

Read up on cores and threads for more information.

And one day, maybe even FM12, that option should vanish, as threading should be commonplace and the superior option. Especially for the i7.

The only disadvantage with threading is that it uses more processing power - but then again, since processors are woefully underused nowadays, it is using your processor the way it should have been - more efficiently!

Wasnt sure where to stick this query but here goes...

Under "Preferences" I noticed that there was a box ticked called Threading- I have an i7 processor and apparently its good at threading. What exactly does this mean and will this option improve the performance of FM 2011 on my system?

It will speed up processing match days and other fixtures. Not a big deal really.

Archived