Need help choosing a team to manage? Need your advice! Cheers

Well, I've been playing Football manager handheld on my Ipod Touch for about 2 weeks now and I have to say it is defiantly the best app I've ever played!I've completed 4 seasons with Wigan, which in the first I really enjoyed but gradually got bored of them.

What type of team is the most enjoyable team to manage (in your eyes) and any tips on how to keep the same team always enjoyable and challenging?

Start with any team in portugal (Porto has Hulk who you can build your team around but they are already the top team in Portugal so you don't have to fight to get into the champions league). Try to make them perennial UEFA champs. Then try to boost all of your manager attributes to 20 (except transfer accumen stat because that stat never goes up no matter what).

What type of team is the most enjoyable team to manage (in your eyes) and any tips on how to keep the same team always enjoyable and challenging?

The most fun I've ever had on FMH is in my current game which is now into its sixth season. I decided to manage a club in the Hyundai A-League. Managing a team in a weaker footballing nation offers you different challenges than managing in England, plus there are a lot of leagues that are based on a completely different system e.g. finishing top in the A-league does not guarantee you the championship.

What I've really enjoyed about this game is that my success down-under did not go unoticed and that the English press started linking me to lower to mid level premiership teams when vacancies came up. I decided to go for the job at Sunderland who were 18th in the prem with half the season to go. I eventually managed them to 10th and won the FA cup! My profile is even better now.

When it comes to starting over, I shall manage a club in another weaker footballing nation. It definitely keeps things interesting.

Start with any team in portugal (Porto has Hulk who you can build your team around but they are already the top team in Portugal so you don't have to fight to get into the champions league). Try to make them perennial UEFA champs. Then try to boost all of your manager attributes to 20 (except transfer accumen stat because that stat never goes up no matter what).

I don't really want it to be a walk in the park, but yes Porto are a team I really like, and I bought Rolando, Hulk, Falcao and Maicon all off them for my ex-Wigan side!

The most fun I've ever had on FMH is in my current game which is now into its sixth season. I decided to manage a club in the Hyundai A-League. Managing a team in a weaker footballing nation offers you different challenges than managing in England, plus there are a lot of leagues that are based on a completely different system e.g. finishing top in the A-league does not guarantee you the championship.

What I've really enjoyed about this game is that my success down-under did not go unoticed and that the English press started linking me to lower to mid level premiership teams when vacancies came up. I decided to go for the job at Sunderland who were 18th in the prem with half the season to go. I eventually managed them to 10th and won the FA cup! My profile is even better now.

When it comes to starting over, I shall manage a club in another weaker footballing nation. It definitely keeps things interesting.

I actually never knew you could get job offers!? Do you just get them by preforming well with your club? In that case it could be a good challenge, thanks mate. Also, if you were in that league what type of players would you try buy?

Any BSP team except Crawley are a good challenge. Start with small budgets and a tiny stadium and see how long it takes you to get to the Premier League or Europe or Champions League, while fighting with the board to expand the stadium and improve the training facilities.

I actually never knew you could get job offers!? Do you just get them by preforming well with your club? In that case it could be a good challenge, thanks mate. Also, if you were in that league what type of players would you try buy?

Yes you get job offers when your status as a manager improves. In the manager profile area of the game, it tells you what your status is overall (regional, national etc). The more success you have as a manager, the more you will get noticed by other clubs. This leads to press speculation about your future and job offers. When I was in charge of the Wellington Pheonix, I had continued success for about 5 seasons. Whenever a struggling club in the English Premiership sacked a manager, my name name was being linked to the job by the press. I wasn't acutally offered a job whilst in employment (although I believe it does happen) but I applied for the Sunderland job when they were 18th in the league. After about a week, I was offered the position.

With regards to what players I'd buy, my whole transfer policy (which was a very successful one) was to keep an eye on players out of contract - mainly those released by european clubs. I set my filter prefrences to 'expired' and 'interested' and basically snapped anyone up who looked promising. I had a good mixture of experienced and young players in my squad that served me well. Some of my young players were signed on a free and later sold for in excess of 6 million quid! My Chairman was very happy and this later lead to certain unlockables being unlocked.

I've played a lot the Brazilian Second Division. My favourite team there is Criciúma, and I consider it to be an average challenge, as they are expected to get a mid-table finish. But for the real challenge in Brazil, try Boa EC. It is a team that does not exist in real life (it was supposed to be Ituiutaba), and if you run 1+3 leagues, your squad should have only three players. In addition, you will have no budget and there will be only one free transfer player interested in your team. (Dakson, versatile midfielder, quite decent actually).

Good luck :)

I've played a lot the Brazilian Second Division. My favourite team there is Criciúma, and I consider it to be an average challenge, as they are expected to get a mid-table finish. But for the real challenge in Brazil, try Boa EC. It is a team that does not exist in real life (it was supposed to be Ituiutaba), and if you run 1+3 leagues, your squad should have only three players. In addition, you will have no budget and there will be only one free transfer player interested in your team. (Dakson, versatile midfielder, quite decent actually).

Good luck :)

Hmm sounds fun...

( PSP )

Nottingham Forest - A decent size club, good squad, excellent wage budget and a pedigree in Europe.

Newcastle United - A sleeping giant ?

I hate taking teams like Lincoln City or some other team with no real history to the top.

It looks stupid.

Lincoln City win the Champions Cup ! ! !

Archived