Higher or lower?

Highest league or lowest?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Highest league or lowest?

Lowest, always. But I'm a journeyman kinda man - so it's natural to start unemployed with Sunday League reputation - so I don't really have a choice but to start in the lower leagues!

Incidentally, I didn't add any custom databases and was able to start the game managing in the Southern Premier League (ie. The tier beneath the BSN/S) - BUT, I read somewhere those leagues aren't included in the game... Has anyone else been able to manage in these divs?! Or... did I download a custom DB and not even realise..... (or remember)

I'm in Season 4 now with Banbury United and have got them to the dizzy heights of 2nd in the Blue Square Premier... :)

Usually the lowest league (or, at the very least, the second lowest).

Very rarely, I have a fun game starting with a top team, but that is usually something just for fun that doesn't last for too long.

My proper careers or long-term saves always start in the lowest division but I might make an exception for a team I like if they are in a lower league but not the lowest (e.g. St. Albans City when they were in the Conference in 2006/07 [which I played on FM07] or right now I'm thinking of starting a save with Hellas Verona in Serie C1/B).

It's always lower league for me though. I don't like starting a long-term save or a career save in a top division.

Archived