Lower division football quality too good!!

I've spent my entire FM2011 career in the Blue Square divisions - too rubbish to get a better job! :D As you might expect some of the match action that is played out is pretty uninspiring stuff with many comedies of errors. But too often I see 30 yard plus banana shot wonder goals, magical flowing moves right through defences and overly spectacular saves. No easy answer to this but it seems that the match engines, which has to cover the play of the very best teams and some of the very worst, sometimes struggles to deliver the appropriate play style.

As someone who has seen a lot of non league football, I can say that this does sometimes happen. I've seen some belting goals this season, and I've also seen some awful misses and goalie fails. The potential for someone to score a good goal is there, it just doesn't happen every game. But does it happen every game in the premier league? Nope.

And as for good team moves, you must just have a fairly technical side for the level. When I was in the BSS, most of my goals were from long balls and wing play.

do 30 yard wonder goals never happen at lower league football?

Yes this happens often and when you go and look at there long shot attribute it usually under 9, the worst was a 5, work that one out.

Oh Come on.... if the match engine was showing missed passes, banana shots hitting row Z, miss kicks and own goals in the lower leagues you would be complaining that it's too unrealistic!!!!! I'm St Albans at the moment and sometimes my team are amazing scoring screamers, sometimes they scuff it..... it's football!

Yes this happens often and when you go and look at there long shot attribute it usually under 9, the worst was a 5, work that one out.

so players who have less than 9 for long shots should never score a long range goal?

I take it from your response you are saying NO long range goals are ever scored in the lower leagues?

Great bit of off the ball running there to open the defence up! Don't often see selfless teamwork like that in the Champions League! ;)

Its probably the best thing of a crap season :p but its a shame that Almond was only on loan.

As someone who has seen a lot of non league football, I can say that this does sometimes happen. I've seen some belting goals this season, and I've also seen some awful misses and goalie fails. The potential for someone to score a good goal is there, it just doesn't happen every game. But does it happen every game in the premier league? Nope.

Sums it up pretty well for me. :thup:

My current Bath squad is probably the best in the Blue Square South yet I just got beaten (early season) by Welling at home who had no points. We didn't play well but it was two ridiculous scorchers from Welling that lost us the game. Not fair!!

Archived