Groundsharing Dillema

I'm in the icelandic league and my ground is currently used for the icelandic national games, as well as all cup finals etc. All fine and good, it seems my team do own the ground because we've increased the capacity to the point where the council (who knew there was a local council in iceland?) block any further expansion.

Anyway, it means sooner or later the ground is going to be sold off, and this will leave Iceland and the domestic competitions without a place to play, do they move to my new ground or do they keep the old one even though its been sold or something?

They should keep playing in the stadium - there's no real reason why they wouldn't. They are set to play in that stadium, therefore that will happen. Selling it is just basically your team deciding not to play there anymore, and you get some money as well.

Good to know, didnt want any error messages popping up because the ground was gone at the next cup final, I dont think there's too many places where a club and a national team share the same ground (QotS and Scotland is the only other that comes to mind and it'd take a long time to improve 50,000 or so lol) at least I'll leave them with a nice 20k all seater lol.

Originally posted by santy001:

Good to know, didnt want any error messages popping up because the ground was gone at the next cup final, I dont think there's too many places where a club and a national team share the same ground (QotS and Scotland is the only other that comes to mind and it'd take a long time to improve 50,000 or so lol) at least I'll leave them with a nice 20k all seater lol.

I think you mean Queen's Park, who play at Hampden.

Queen of the South play at Palmerston Park.

Originally posted by santy001:

Lyn and VÃ¥lerenga in Norway also play at the same stadium as the national team.

Ah, i was 50-50 between those two, got the wrong one lol. But it does seem like I'll be one of the few to actually sell up the ground and move out, I don't know how many people have had queens park build a new stadium or the others you mentioned frame. Could do with tracking down someone who has lol.

Archived