Stop selling my players!

Chairmen!

I wanna push the chair he sits on out the window!

Playing as Peterborough I've managed to build up quite a good squad of starlets and now rotating them accordingly to give them the right amount of experience.

And in the off season, just after I'm relgated from the Premier League, BAM! McAnthony decides to rub salt in to the wounds and sells my then star player, Donal McDermont (from Man City, 1.6mil) to West Brom for 6.75mil.

Okay, fair ehough, maybe just a one off. I can live with that as I had already identified more little starlets ready to take his place.

Going well now, top of the Championship, just. January comes around and.... BAM! Again, my best player (Ryan Bennet) has been whipped out from my team and shipped off to Wolves for 6.5mil.

What is going on?!

"The offer is too good to turn down."

Right. The 6million pounds gained from selling your prized asset versus the 50+ million not gained from your club not being able to cement promotion to the top teir? You moron.

Im dreading the off season, since clubs such as Real Madrid, Chelski, Arsenal and Man City are courting more of my little monsters in the making.

How can I stop this? Its not as if we need the cash, a leading Championship side, 28mil in the black.

I would like a boardroom option of "A vote of no confidence in the chairman as he is being a money grabbing muppet when there is absolutely no need and he really needs to look at the bigger picture of things and trust the manager in the running of team affairs and just sit there and swim in his vault of cash like some Scrooge McDuck! (Google that name if you're under 25 years)" available to let him know what I truly think of him as there is no way I am able to voice my concern over him selling all my little gems.

Grrr!

Personally I set it to £100 million and they stopped making bids.

yeh that can work too, occasionally i've found a team will still come up with a bid, usually pretty high though and i'd probably accept myself if my chairman hadn't already on my behalf

you no longer can offer them a contract when the board have gone over your head...

I thought you could? either way, another way to deal with it is to offer the player out for loan to other clubs. Might risk losing him on loan, but at least not permanent if he accepts one, and you might be able to cancel it.

Problem with these solutions is that you effectively have to use an exploit to stop your sell-friendly chairman. I think the chairmen of Championship promotion contenders should be set up not to sell top players unless the club is in serious financial difficulties.

its frustrating but it happens didnt reading do it not so long ago? or am i thinking of someone else? anyway it does happen and youve lost two players in the space of a season its hardly loads, that and the fact that if you starlets are going to be that good its relaistic for the big clubs to be sniffing round them is it not?

You definitely can't offer new contracts, which is a shame but makes sense really. This keeps happening to me at Man City at the moment, and not even for massive amounts of money in relation to their ability. The Sheikh keeps pouring money in, but then accepts £18 million offers for no reason, when I could clearly get over £30 million if I wanted to, which I certainly don't.

Yes, this is frustrating. I tend to specify an asking price of 100 odd million, or loan if I can do without them I will loan them out for as much of the transfer window as possible, a little extreme though. I bought a spanish lad for me redditch championship side for 800k, 6 months later man utd forced a sale through at 1.4 million. I could easily have gotten 3-4 mill, if the board had left it up to me, and what made things worse is that over the next two seasons united kept loaning him to my championship rivals, and he ran circles round my team. This needs changing, some boards should least allow a manager to give input, like force a loan back to the club, or demand x amount after x games.

The board also forced me to sell a striker who had been at my club for 8 years. I had picked him up whilst playing in the blue square premiership, and he had become something of a cult figure at my club. the board forced his sale to birmingham for 1.1 million, then at the next monthly review my board had the cheek to say they were dissapointed at me for selling him, and it effected the fans confidence in me. Surely a bug.

Yes, this is frustrating. I tend to specify an asking price of 100 odd million, or loan if I can do without them I will loan them out for as much of the transfer window as possible, a little extreme though. I bought a spanish lad for me redditch championship side for 800k, 6 months later man utd forced a sale through at 1.4 million. I could easily have gotten 3-4 mill, if the board had left it up to me, and what made things worse is that over the next two seasons united kept loaning him to my championship rivals, and he ran circles round my team. This needs changing, some boards should least allow a manager to give input, like force a loan back to the club, or demand x amount after x games.

The board also forced me to sell a striker who had been at my club for 8 years. I had picked him up whilst playing in the blue square premiership, and he had become something of a cult figure at my club. the board forced his sale to birmingham for 1.1 million, then at the next monthly review my board had the cheek to say they were dissapointed at me for selling him, and it effected the fans confidence in me. Surely a bug.

The board arent disappointed, the fans are. Hence it affected fans confidence...

Archived